Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

I remember going to watch City play Salzburg away in the Europa League in 2010, we won 0-2 and Jo scored!
For some reason and I still don’t know why our section started to sing this lol

‘Gonna Get Along Without You Now’ Viola Willis

Considering the grief I’m giving B&W (only messing with you mate), I have to say out of what I’ve heard so far, the two that have struck me each time I listen are Arcade Fire and Collective Soul.

New to me and Really liking both.

Sorry guys, really don't want to have to do this, but it Has been the song of the summer, and was great in any build-ups however short-lived. Schools, pubs, punters all belted it out and a young generation will grow up with those memories.

No scotland no party - nick morgan

I’m desperately trying my best to steer clear of Rory as you’re probably sick of him and me by now, but I gave three in mind already that would be perfect.

Last edited:
Having to use my imagination here, so If I had a giant SUV and if the tailgate was down and if the sun was out and if I'd had a few beers and if I was wanting to get up for the game I might play this...

Pigbag - Pappa's got a brand new pigbag

Beloved by Boro and QPR fans

Considering the grief I’m giving B&W (only messing with you mate), I have to say out of what I’ve heard so far, the two that have struck me each time I listen are Arcade Fire and Collective Soul.
You haven't given me any grief, just wait until next summer when Oasis comes to town and everything gets repaid! ;-)

Despite what you noted in the album thread about "None of us in here know each other. We are by definition anonymous", I'd argue that despite that, we kind of do, just on a different level.

I just wouldn't be able to recognize you in the pub, though I'd probably enjoy sharing a pint and talking about music, past tailgates, City, life in Ireland if my ancestors had stuck around, etc.

New to me and Really liking both.
Nice, glad to hear on both. Mostly surprised Arcade Fire was new, but that's what this is about. Finding new music a song at a time and maybe wanting to hear more. That's happened to me, and I've enjoyed it.

That and probably hearing more info that you ever wanted on the American football tailgate scene - and there will be some hot ones this weekend at north of 33C degrees!

Sorry guys, really don't want to have to do this, but it Has been the song of the summer, and was great in any build-ups however short-lived. Schools, pubs, punters all belted it out and a young generation will grow up with those memories.

No scotland no party - nick morgan
Actually, and maybe a bit surprisingly, this will be one I've heard as I was reading the Euro thread at the time a few months ago.

I loved this tune, and this is exactly what this Tailgate list needed - kudos there! No apologies needed for me.

You haven't given me any grief, just wait until next summer when Oasis comes to town and everything gets repaid! ;-)

Despite what you noted in the album thread about "None of us in here know each other. We are by definition anonymous", I'd argue that despite that, we kind of do, just on a different level.

I just wouldn't be able to recognize you in the pub, though I'd probably enjoy sharing a pint and talking about music, past tailgates, City, life in Ireland if my ancestors had stuck around, etc.

Nice, glad to hear on both. Mostly surprised Arcade Fire was new, but that's what this is about. Finding new music a song at a time and maybe wanting to hear more. That's happened to me, and I've enjoyed it.

That and probably hearing more info that you ever wanted on the American football tailgate scene - and there will be some hot ones this weekend at north of 33C degrees!
I like Arcade Fire from the stuff I’ve heard and seen. I just wasn’t familiar with this one, although their sound is unmistakable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.