Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

Oasis: “Wonderwall”
Bruce Springsteen: “Dancing in the Dark”
Queen: “We Will Rock You”
@OB1 just captured the essence right there with his 3 in a row. Something everyone can sing to, can dance to, and can raise their fists to are often the best and well received!
Interesting concept.

Think this is maybe more of an away following thing, music for the road trip, pre game gathering in a different place etc. I will come back to that at some point, because I think those experiences might end up as interesting as the songs themselves.
It can exactly be that too, that's pretty much it if those are the circumstances that work the best before and after the match.
In the meantime, this should be one where you 'just know', and can pick a song within 3 seconds without having to think about it.
That is often the case, absolutely...
Biffy Clyro - Victory over the sun
More Biffy, I'm in luck! Little by little, I will get there. (no sarcasm at all either)

I've always suspected that essentially I'm a miserable antisocial bleeder, and I think this theme is confirming it. I really dislike quite a lot of the nominations so far!

I could nominate a variety of songs that fit the bill but they'd be a bit plastic so I need to find my own way into this thread.
That said, if the M6 allows a decent run up to the match then this always gets an airing...

Pixies - Debaser

Over in the UK it’s one of the 70s great sporting theme tunes and I believe in the states it’s the them to Monday Night Foitball.

“Heavy Action” - Johnny Pearson
That actually made me smile, and indeed it is. ABC's Monday Night Football, the soundtrack to my childhood sporting "stay up late" to watch the first half.

Never knew who did this song, and it's perfect, cheers!

I've always suspected that essentially I'm a miserable antisocial bleeder, and I think this theme is confirming it. I really dislike quite a lot of the nominations so far!
You're welcome! ;-) I did mention having fun, right?

Either way, I'll look forward to the grievances after we're done. ;-)
I could nominate a variety of songs that fit the bill but they'd be a bit plastic so I need to find my own way into this thread.
There are LOTS, and I mean LOTS, of tailgating playlists on Spotify, but my contention is it NEEDS to be personal, otherwise it is pointless and misses the mark for what is going to work.
That said, if the M6 allows a decent run up to the match then this always gets an airing...

Pixies - Debaser
Somehow this had not made my initial list, but it is how a contender! Nice.

You're welcome! ;-) I did mention having fun, right?

Either way, I'll look forward to the grievances after we're done. ;-)

There are LOTS, and I mean LOTS, of tailgating playlists on Spotify, but my contention is it NEEDS to be personal, otherwise it is pointless and misses the mark for what is going to work.

Somehow this had not made my initial list, but it is how a contender! Nice.
1724796968127.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.