Bluemoon Angling Thread

Not long back from a 03. 30 start with my mate on our local river after 4 nights of pre-baiting. Had 70 bream between us. 80% bream and 20% good skimmers. A number of the bream in the 7/8lb range. Totaleestimated weight around 280lb. Really, really odd thing is we caught mainly on worm and a few on corn. 9 hours fishing so 18 in total and not one single Perch, roach or rudd between us!!!!
Cracking session there pal, well done. Bet you won't reveal what "local river" it is though; )

Sure BMR. The river Nene in Cambridgeshire. Born and bred in Livarpool, but been in Cambridgeshire 30+years.
Nice one mate. Never fished the Nene but I'm not surprised you said there as It's no secret it's held huge shoals on big slabs for years. I was reading an article recently about someone night fishing on there on stickfloat with isotope attached using breadflake on the hook. 200lb plus IIRC reading. I take it you were ledgering?

The Sea Eagle didn't put in an appearance at Menteith on Saturday and neither did I from an angling perspective.
I have never known such a frustrating session for losing fish that had been hooked or fish taking the fly and immediately spitting it out. It must have happened 20 times. In the end I finished with a rather pathetic 2 landed (although they were stunning fish) whilst my fellow club mates were well into double figures. Oh well, a few days regrouping, thinking about where things went wrong, should help rebuild the shattered husk of my confidence.

Not that I am in any way competitive you understand.

Out again a week Saturday at Glecourse Res.

Nice one mate. Never fished the Nene but I'm not surprised you said there as It's no secret it's held huge shoals on big slabs for years. I was reading an article recently about someone night fishing on there on stickfloat with isotope attached using breadflake on the hook. 200lb plus IIRC reading. I take it you were ledgering?
Yes. Cage feeder about 3/4 of the way across.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.