Bluemoon Angling Thread

Was out yesterday and had a shocker. Two, in fact.

Because my fishing partners are in Manchester we tend to meet up halfway which is usually on the Severn in Shropshire or somewhere round Stafford. With the rivers being closed we thought we'd try a PAAS water in Stafford. Bad mistake. It's in a country park on Cannock Chase and every noisy fucker in the world was there and every noisy fucker had a dog and every noisy fucker was throwing in sticks for their dog. Intolerable!

We gave it 45 minutes and moved to Gailey reservoir 5 miles away which, despite looking like a photoshopped advert for Trakker bivvies, was actually quite pleasant and civilised. Didn't manage a bite between us in 7 hours though so I watched City on my phone before packing up.

Because my fishing partners are in Manchester we tend to meet up halfway which is usually on the Severn in Shropshire or somewhere round Stafford. With the rivers being closed we thought we'd try a PAAS water in Stafford. Bad mistake. It's in a country park on Cannock Chase and every noisy fucker in the world was there and every noisy fucker had a dog and every noisy fucker was throwing in sticks for their dog. Intolerable!

We gave it 45 minutes and moved to Gailey reservoir 5 miles away which, despite looking like a photoshopped advert for Trakker bivvies, was actually quite pleasant and civilised. Didn't manage a bite between us in 7 hours though so I watched City on my phone before packing up.
Do you fish many of the game rivers on the PAAS card ?

Some of my mates fish Gaily. It has a big stock of fast-growing carp but you really need to be casting 120-140 yards to get at them a lot of the time apparently. A few tench too I think but not many.

Been out twice this week to make up for lost time. Arrived at the lake on Tuesday to be met with a glum faced bailiff who told me that the fish "haven't woken up yet". Mind, you, it was cold with snow flurries. But that bit of sage advice made up my mind that I would feeder fish at long range to try to find slightly deeper water. Also, we're going to fish Derwent Reservoir later in the year so I wanted the long range practice on braid and shock leader.

I also wanted to try out some of my new home-made groundbait I was telling you about. Long story short, had a great day and the whole plan came together with decent roach and skimmers all day. So good was it, I went back today and tried it again although the weather today was roasting and I was well over-dressed. Caught skimmers and bream all day with 4 bream over 4lbs. Making your own groundbait is definitely the way forward.

Been out twice this week to make up for lost time. Arrived at the lake on Tuesday to be met with a glum faced bailiff who told me that the fish "haven't woken up yet". Mind, you, it was cold with snow flurries. But that bit of sage advice made up my mind that I would feeder fish at long range to try to find slightly deeper water. Also, we're going to fish Derwent Reservoir later in the year so I wanted the long range practice on braid and shock leader.

I also wanted to try out some of my new home-made groundbait I was telling you about. Long story short, had a great day and the whole plan came together with decent roach and skimmers all day. So good was it, I went back today and tried it again although the weather today was roasting and I was well over-dressed. Caught skimmers and bream all day with 4 bream over 4lbs. Making your own groundbait is definitely the way forward.
Saw that weather coming so got out on Sunday, had my first sunburn of the season and after an hour or so hand sized skimmers every few minutes for most the morning, a couple of proper-ish bream of about 3lb and then it went quiet when the sun got high. Big carp cruising on the top but ignored the fucking cunts after they nearly smashed my top two last week. I've been hankering after a new 16m pole for a while, but have now realised I can't see a dotted down float past about 13.5, so I might as well keep my money for a zimmer frame and some man-nappies.

Not being funny but other than 'once a year with the kids' fishermen or the over 80's .....I've never known anyone not make their own groundball?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.