Boateng to Bayern

BlueJill said:
whalley ranger said:
BlueJill said:
Maybe that is the point. Maybe we aren't making the claim based on his 3 or 4 appearances at CB this season. To do so would be pretty shortsighted.

Those saying he is gash, however, do seem to be looking only at his very limited experience at City which is why they will be proven wrong.

Bottom line: you do not sell a young starter from the German national team.
Totally agree. Plagued by injury and no chance to shine. This lad is good, one of the most sought after young defenders in Europe when we bought him.
Shame it didn't work out.

I don't think it has to be over. Sit him down and tell him he will get 30 games at CB next season if he stays fit. Earning a starting spot in our defense is plenty good enough to make it in the German national team. Bayern is a traditionally big club but we will eclipse them next year. If he wants to leave after that its his loss. If he really is gash, then we at least sell him knowing we haven't given up on one of the brightest talents in Europe. Neither party should be parting ways until both have had a chance to show what they can be.

In what way? We won't get further than them in the CL imo.

southern muppet said:
In what way? We won't get further than them in the CL imo.

They have to qualify first, I'd laugh if Boateng joined his "bigger club" and they got knocked out by Dynamo Kiev in the qualifiers or something.

Interesting thing is, the 2011/2012 Champions League final is at their stadium so they will badly want to reach the final.

I reckon we will beat them in the CL next season and we will be in it again and so on..
Bayern looked very beatable in the Bundesliga so if Bayern are a bigger club, are Borrusia Dortmund?! Lol.
Boateng was badly misused in the games he played as he doesn't have the speed or distribution to roam the flanks. Him and Kompany will be lethal in 1-2 seasons so he has a chance to stay or go to a German side down on confidence, results and mixed fortunes...

get rid, if he wants to play in germany for the best german team then fair enough... i prefer onuoha and if we got cahill id prefer him too

google translator

But Boateng is optimistic that both clubs find a solution quickly. For it is clear that he follows the call of the German record. "When requesting the FC Bayern, which is something very special. It is an honor for me, is not an offer every day. I know many players at Bayern, which to me is one of the top six clubs in Europe," said Boateng.

The defender also builds on that commitment in Munich for his career-DFB would be beneficial ". It is also about the position of Bavaria wants me as a central defender, which would also have benefits for the national team." For the Citizens he had usually on the right-back position to help out, what did not please him: "In Manchester we had promised me that I play in, unfortunately, was not respected."

But the nostalgia is playing in his anticipated departure from the island after only one year, an important role. "I realized how important it is to me when my family and the people who are important to me, around me. It's difficult in England," said Boateng.

Now, Boateng is looking forward to the new job in Munich. "My dream is that next year to be a regular player at Bayern," said the 13-time National Soccer Team. Even with the DFB team he is pursuing big goals, "And then I will be in a year's European Championship with Germany."
<a class="postlink" href="http://bundesliga.t-online.de/boateng-einigung-mit-dem-fc-bayern-muenchen/id_47169242/index?news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bundesliga.t-online.de/boateng-e ... index?news</a>

Hope makes the defender of Manchester coach Roberto Mancini. "He says that he did not really want to let go, but can understand my reasons. He would not put obstacles in their way to me. "
<a class="postlink" href="http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/international/2011/06/14/jerome-boateng/mancini-wuerde-mich-ziehen-lassen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball ... assen.html</a>

It is simple. Bayern must cough up or he stays. We do not especially need to sell Boateng.

As has been said on here, we should be quoting Bayern about £25 mill for this lad. We are in a really strong position and we should play hard ball big time.

As a side note I can't really see Bobby letting him go, he's only had 1 injury hit season with us and Bobby obviously rates him highly. I think he could become a quality center half in time and next season could see the best in him. (as it did with Nige and Vinny BTW)

It is strange how the same interview can be translated to mean to completely different things in two countries.

In Denmark its being translated in a way that makes Boateng look very respectfull towards City.

Whilst he wants his move he is basically saying that its difficult because City doesnt want him to leave.

It seems the english media are translating the same interview in a way that makes Boateng look like a bit of a twat, hopefully its the danish translation thats closest to the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.