Boateng to Bayern

bluefandk said:
It is strange how the same interview can be translated to mean to completely different things in two countries.

In Denmark its being translated in a way that makes Boateng look very respectfull towards City.

Whilst he wants his move he is basically saying that its difficult because City doesnt want him to leave.

It seems the english media are translating the same interview in a way that makes Boateng look like a bit of a twat, hopefully its the danish translation thats closest to the truth.
I hope that you are right
But how does this fit in with the 'tapping up' of players
How can he possibly have agreed a four year deal with bayern without us agreeing to sell him, something is clearly not right here at all

bluefandk said:
It is strange how the same interview can be translated to mean to completely different things in two countries.

In Denmark its being translated in a way that makes Boateng look very respectfull towards City.

Whilst he wants his move he is basically saying that its difficult because City doesnt want him to leave.

It seems the english media are translating the same interview in a way that makes Boateng look like a bit of a twat, hopefully its the danish translation thats closest to the truth.

Not only interesting but typical of british media. I would guarantee that Danish newspapers have better understanding/interpreters for German than UK ones. His statement was probably translated for an english newspaper by a 16 year old working in the copy room who has a GCSE in German.........

Forgive me if I'm wrong here but I haven't seen anything to say or suggest that City allowed Boateng to discuss terms with Bayern in the first place. He now tells us he's agreed a 4 year deal and it's down to the clubs to agree a fee. Surely, this is effectively tapping up by Bayern and therefore we should really be reporting them to UEFA? Or am I missing something here?

CityPar said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong here but I haven't seen anything to say or suggest that City allowed Boateng to discuss terms with Bayern in the first place. He now tells us he's agreed a 4 year deal and it's down to the clubs to agree a fee. Surely, this is effectively tapping up by Bayern and therefore we should really be reporting them to UEFA? Or am I missing something here?

This. Why was he able to agree terms with Bayern when we said we don't want to sell him?

CityPar said:

I am pretty sure we would have allowed Bayern to speak to Boateng if they have agreed a 4 year deal.

SamTheGuru said:
CityPar said:

I am pretty sure we would have allowed Bayern to speak to Boateng if they have agreed a 4 year deal.

Except we've apparently put a prohibitive price on the lad because we DON'T want to sell. Bayern haven't got anywhere near the figure we'd want so why would City allow him to talk to them?

squirtyflower said:
bluefandk said:

I hope that you are right
But how does this fit in with the 'tapping up' of players
How can he possibly have agreed a four year deal with bayern without us agreeing to sell him, something is clearly not right here at all

Good point, the danish article also says that he has made a four year deal with them, so that part seems quite accurate.

The question is did City allow this?

The logical answer would be no if we dont want to sell.

CityPar said:
SamTheGuru said:
CityPar said:

Except we've apparently put a prohibitive price on the lad because we DON'T want to sell. Bayern haven't got anywhere near the figure we'd want so why would City allow him to talk to them?

We put a prohibitive price on him because we don't NEED to sell. I am sure we are exploring the possibility of selling a player that does not want to be at the club. Especially as he has turned out to be extremely dissapointing and mediocre (in my eyes anyway) and he is certainly not a key element in our team. If we have not allowed Bayern to talk to him then Boateng is extremely, extremely dense and should be sold purely on the basis of being so thick.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Looks like Boateng turned out to be a bit of a knob. Tatty-bye you f****** degenerate...
I always find comments like this bewildering to be honest.

tbh this is going to be another 10-14 million towards FFP in our favour that we weren't planning on having this summer. Could be colossal towards trying to break even, especially if Tevez stays and we don't cash in on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.