Boateng to Bayern

Didsbury Dave said:
mad zab said:
Didsbury Dave said:
And your source is.....?

My eyes when I have seen him play. Oh!! I mean before and since he joined City.

Show me any quotes from the City management that he is not rated?

You don't have to believe me if
You don't want mate. But I do hear things from the dressing room. Most I keep Schtum about but I see no harm in making this one public.
Bollocks.

Mancini visited him personally to convince him to sign for us. He told him he could be one of the best defenders in the world in a few years.

There's no doubt he was rated by the manager, i can't see him doing a u turn after last season, given the amount of injury time Boateng had.

I'll leave it at that then. It is best to keep Schtum because the doubting thomases are always out there barking their pavlovian 'bollocks'.

Those that know know. And boateng is history .

I don't doubt he is. The ''part of our plans, can become one of the best defenders in Europe'' speech by Rigg or Marwood or whoever it was might just have been to bump up the price. That sort of thing certainly happens.

But that's yet another reason why I don't think he'll be sold at a loss, there are plenty of players on our books for whom circumstances dictate that it's likely they will be sold at a loss, Boateng's circumstances are totally removed from that.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'll leave it at that then. It is best to keep Schtum because the doubting thomases are always out there barking their pavlovian 'bollocks'.

Those that know know. And boateng is history .
Its obvious he wants away so everyone knows, but he is tied to us for years and on a good contract, we will get at least what we paid for him imo.

16 Premier League appearances, most out of his natural position, and people call him shit. Morons. He may very well leave but we would be stupid to let it happen. He is our 2nd or 3rd best CB depending on how highly you rate Boyata.

BlueJill said:
16 Premier League appearances, most out of his natural position, and people call him shit. Morons. He may very well leave but we would be stupid to let it happen. He is our 2nd or 3rd best CB depending on how highly you rate Boyata.
I'm not saying he is shit, but...... in the view of our manager he clearly doesn't agree with you because he is either or 4th or 5th best CB depending on how highly Mancini rates Boyata.
Myself I would put his poor form down last season to the fact that he seems to be a player that uses his pace to defend(and to cover some of his weaknesses). When your not 100% and you are lacking some of your pace, you will change your game to try to cover and thats when you have issues.

BlueJill said:

The thing is Kompany and Lescott are better than him. If he wants to play for us he'd need to 2nd fiddle which he doesnt want to do. Fair enough but theres no need for him to come out in the media every other day and say he wants to leave.

Also people who dont agree with you arent neccessarily morons. Just because they dont have the same opinion as you doesnt make them any less educated. Boateng could go on to be a very good defender atm but i'd much rather have Komps and Lescott as our back 2 next season and thats what matters, not what might happen in a couple of years time.

BlueJill said:

I wouldn't call him shit, but I,d argue we haven't seen enough of him at CB to say he's better than Kolo or JL. He seems to have made up his mind that he wants to join Bayern and I'd expect the clubs to agree a fee sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.