Boateng to Bayern

Does someone remember in what game was Boateng playing CB because Les/Ko. got injured?

In that game he was realy unsecure, but he also didnt managed to get into Duells what normally kills the defence, maybe a got a bad day but just a inducator of inactive behavior in the defence is for me a point where i say, stop lets see what the realy can. Boateng played well with Hamburg, but still didnt got the status of international class.

niall_mcfc said:
BlueJill said:
16 Premier League appearances, most out of his natural position, and people call him shit. Morons. He may very well leave but we would be stupid to let it happen. He is our 2nd or 3rd best CB depending on how highly you rate Boyata.

The thing is Kompany and Lescott are better than him. If he wants to play for us he'd need to 2nd fiddle which he doesnt want to do. Fair enough but theres no need for him to come out in the media every other day and say he wants to leave.

Also people who dont agree with you arent neccessarily morons. Just because they dont have the same opinion as you doesnt make them any less educated. Boateng could go on to be a very good defender atm but i'd much rather have Komps and Lescott as our back 2 next season and thats what matters, not what might happen in a couple of years time.

Kompany is clearly better than him. Lescott...not so sure. I doubt many people would have said Lescott was the better CB back in December (the first year and a half he was considered shit by many).

We have a 22 year old German national player under contract for a number of years. Why don't we give him a shot? He played at most 3-4 games at CB last year.

Education and being a moron have nothing to do with each other. There are plenty of educated morons. And these morons are not morons because they don't share my opinions. They are morons because they are spouting opinions based on NO EVIDENCE AT ALL. How can someone say he has been shit when he hasn't had a chance to play in his proper position. Put Joe Hart at Left Back and I bet he would look like shit too.

BlueJill said:
niall_mcfc said:
BlueJill said:
16 Premier League appearances, most out of his natural position, and people call him shit. Morons. He may very well leave but we would be stupid to let it happen. He is our 2nd or 3rd best CB depending on how highly you rate Boyata.

The thing is Kompany and Lescott are better than him. If he wants to play for us he'd need to 2nd fiddle which he doesnt want to do. Fair enough but theres no need for him to come out in the media every other day and say he wants to leave.

Also people who dont agree with you arent neccessarily morons. Just because they dont have the same opinion as you doesnt make them any less educated. Boateng could go on to be a very good defender atm but i'd much rather have Komps and Lescott as our back 2 next season and thats what matters, not what might happen in a couple of years time.

Kompany is clearly better than him. Lescott...not so sure. I doubt many people would have said Lescott was the better CB back in December (the first year and a half he was considered shit by many).

We have a 22 year old German national player under contract for a number of years. Why don't we give him a shot? He played at most 3-4 games at CB last year.

Education and being a moron have nothing to do with each other. There are plenty of educated morons. And these morons are not morons because they don't share my opinions. They are morons because they are spouting opinions based on NO EVIDENCE AT ALL. How can someone say he has been shit when he hasn't had a chance to play in his proper position. Put Joe Hart at Left Back and I bet he would look like shit too.

So where is your evidence that he is good and should be playing for us? He may have been decent at Hamburg but hes been shocking. Yes hes played games at right back but you can tell that he is a verstatile defender because of his pace and mobility yet he was so poor he was left out of the squad on numerous occasions.
Even if he is playing out of position he should give his all for the club which is debatable as he didnt look interested at all. He never made an attempt to block a cross or make a tackle. The best case scenario for us would be to loan him to Bayern or any other club who will play him week in week out. Then he can prove to us that he is worthy of playing alongside Vinny.
Also i dont recall many people calling Lescott shit. The problem many fans had was that we didnt get a value for money deal with him but he has shown once he gets a run of games and stays injury free hes a top 4 defender. Maybe thats what Boateng needs, so we'll have to wait and see.

How can people call him a 'shit player'? Does he not play for the German national team? And does not that team play much better football than the English national team?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

balkanno said:
Does someone remember in what game was Boateng playing CB because Les/Ko. got injured?

In that game he was realy unsecure, but he also didnt managed to get into Duells what normally kills the defence, maybe a got a bad day but just a inducator of inactive behavior in the defence is for me a point where i say, stop lets see what the realy can. Boateng played well with Hamburg, but still didnt got the status of international class.

I think one of those games was away in the FA Cup where he played the ball through to Richards, which resulted in your hero Dzeko's equalising goal.

redmizzle said:
balkanno said:

I think one of those games was away in the FA Cup where he played the ball through to Richards, which resulted in your hero Dzeko's equalising goal.

Against notts county away and he also played in some Europa league games as Centre-back.

niall_mcfc said:
BlueJill said:
niall_mcfc said:

So where is your evidence that he is good and should be playing for us? He may have been decent at Hamburg but hes been shocking. Yes hes played games at right back but you can tell that he is a verstatile defender because of his pace and mobility yet he was so poor he was left out of the squad on numerous occasions.
Even if he is playing out of position he should give his all for the club which is debatable as he didnt look interested at all. He never made an attempt to block a cross or make a tackle. The best case scenario for us would be to loan him to Bayern or any other club who will play him week in week out. Then he can prove to us that he is worthy of playing alongside Vinny.
Also i dont recall many people calling Lescott shit. The problem many fans had was that we didnt get a value for money deal with him but he has shown once he gets a run of games and stays injury free hes a top 4 defender. Maybe thats what Boateng needs, so we'll have to wait and see.

My evidence is Hamburg and the WC. Subjective statements like "he didn't look interested" are as silly as saying "Mario doesn't care about playing hard because he doesn't smile." Judge him by his performance and results. If we do that, the only thing we really know is he probably is not our best option at RB--but even that we don't really know because of his injuries.

I actually think the best case scenario is tell him he will get a shot to compete with Lescott and Kolo for CB. May the best man win.

BlueJill said:
niall_mcfc said:
BlueJill said:

My evidence is Hamburg and the WC. Subjective statements like "he didn't look interested" are as silly as saying "Mario doesn't care about playing hard because he doesn't smile." Judge him by his performance and results. If we do that, the only thing we really know is he probably is not our best option at RB--but even that we don't really know because of his injuries.

I actually think the best case scenario is tell him he will get a shot to compete with Lescott and Kolo for CB. May the best man win.

In his short time at City, Boateng has been mugged in the air on several occasions resulting in goals against. If he's ever to play centre half, as he wishes, he will have to spend a period of time playing against lesser teams in order to adjust & even then he may not be capable, as he was also mugged at set pieces for Germany & Hamburg.

The idea that he's a better Cb than Lescott is & always has been laughable, he's nowhere near it yet. More skillful & quicker yes but like a little boy compared to a man in every other aspect. If he's to become as good or better, he needs time to learn our game. He doesn't seem to be interested in spending that time as second fiddle so perhaps it's best for all if he goes.

redmizzle said:
balkanno said:

salas.jpg

balkanno said:

eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.