Bobby Charlton passes away at the age of 86

Even as a City fan my Dad liked Bobby Charlton as a player. His Dad (a Blue) used to take him and my uncle (a red) to Maine Road one week and Old Trafford the next in the 60s, and my Dad always said Charlton was the player at United he enjoyed watching the most.

I have mates and family members who’ll be gutted with this news as we were with Franny recently, so respect where it’s due for an English football legend.
Spot on this mate, I lived in Moston as a kid, my mates were 50/50 split between Blue & Red and we went to OT one week and Maine Rd the next watching
Bell
Lee
Summerbee
Kiddo (Proper and True MANC!)
Best (who I still rate as the best I’ve seen!)
Charlton
Law
Incredible when I think about it now
I remember the older guys in the seats at the back of the Stratford End giving us some good natured stick … “oh those blummimg blues are here again, we’ve no chance of winning today now !”
Happy, less complicated days!

Spot on this mate, I lived in Moston as a kid, my mates were 50/50 split between Blue & Red and we went to OT one week and Maine Rd the next watching
Bell
Lee
Summerbee
Best (who I still rate as the best I’ve seen!)
Charlton
Law
Incredible when I think about it now
I remember the older guys in the seats at the back of the Stratford End giving us some good natured stick … “oh those blummimg blues are here again, we’ve no chance of winning today now !”
Happy, less complicated days!
Sorry mate, each to their own but fuck that, watching City one week United the next.
City and only City. For me.

Sorry mate, each to their own but fuck that, watching City one week United the next.
City and only City. For me.
Used to do it regular late 70s and into the 80s would walk up Trafford road from the precinct go in at three quarter time or if I had the money I’d go in, or City playing get the match bus off the precinct… should say though I always supported whoever United we’re playing …

When i was 6 my 13 year old sister used to go to OT with her mates and i remember the day she said she'd take me. At the time i liked George Best so i wanted to go. She said - " I'll take you to Old Trafford to see Best Law and Charlton".... My dad quipped - "you bloody well won't, I'm taking him to Maine Road to see Bell Lee and Summerbee!"... And he did.

Only 2 of the 6 left now, and yesterday took another top footballer, sadly.

RIP Sir Bobby Charlton.

Watching Jack present the BBC lifetime award to his kid brother nearly brought a tear to my eye. Two greats and so pleased they had the chance to make up.

I’m just too young to see them at their best but what a forward line they had. Law , Best and Charlton. I can only think Gento , Puskas Di Stefano as a near rival three.

Sad sad loss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.