Booing our heroes

Garcia yesterday had 106 passes (most in the team) at 92% accuracy. He won 12 aerial duels (more than anyone in the league yesterday) and made 1 key pass. He filled space and helped the defence to a clean sheet.

He wasnt the best on the pitch, a lot of his passed were sideways and short, but those who say he offered nothing are doing so based on his name and not his performance which was more than decent.

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
There's a huge different between getting some stick and being booed.

It's an important distinction to make.

You wasn't the only person in the ground and however you like to dress it up sections of the ground were getting on certain players backs I.e. Garcia.

moomba said:
Didnt hear anything against Dzeko but plenty of unneccesary heckling of Garcia.

Mostly from the "get it forward" brigade.
Yep plenty of that round me, the amount of people who go to games and haven't got a clue is frightening and there does seem to be getting more and more each week, I wish they would do us all a favour and go back to supporting the Rags....cheers

Lucky Toma said:
Agree with the OP's general thoughts but not with the title.

A player is not automatically a hero of mine purely by virtue of putting on the shirt. They have to earn that status.

Id never boo Garcia or Dzeko but neither will I ever regard them as heroes.

Incidentally the former had a very competent game yesterday and credit to him for that.

Agree with every single statement here. Would never boo a player (what's it going to do, make them score?) but everybody's got a right to criticize a player (booing's not criticism, it's not even language, it's an inarticulate sound that sounds a bit like a cow that's not very happy). Briefly on Garcia. God knows I've been critical of him but I will at least report on what is in front of my eyes. He won nearly every ball in the air that he went for yesterday. Yes, he was making a lot of short square passes. So were all of our midfield, including Silva, for the simple reason that every time they looked to play a through ball everyone was picked up and there was simply no space. Palace played a boring game with the means at their disposal, and they did it very effectively. So Garcia had quite an effective game, but he appears to have become a whipping boy to the extent that people will not give him credit ever, for anything (and yes, just to make this clear, I don't think he's good enough for the level we're at in the long or even medium term). More important than any of this: we were six points off the pace only two months ago, we are now top. We've done it pretty, we've done it ugly , we've done it thrilling, we've done it boring. But we've done it. We have won nothing whatsoever, but we are beautifully poised for the second half of the season. If you take account of the fact that during the last two months we have done this without having, at various times, our key defender, our key midfielder, and now our key striker, it's nothing short of phenomenal. I for one am much, much happier than I was at exactly this point last year. I'm even happier than this point two years ago, because at the end of December 2011 it was starting to look as if we'd come to the boil too early, whereas this time, after a poorish start, our momentum is gathering pace at just the right time (and maybe, we'll have to see today's results, Arsenal's and Liverpool's momentum is on the wane). Kun still to come back, Jovetic, maybe, to one day actually play for us. What's not to like?

It's pathetic, like someone else said if someone else makes a mistakes it's totally ignored but if Dzeko or Garcia play a wayward pass the abuse they get is unreal. I was in 102 and there was loads of abuse aimed at them, especially Dzeko. Garcia played well yesterday, he's a defensive midfielder ffs people expect him to slice defences open like he's iniesta *facepalm*

holeinone said:
OJ Blue said:
Gets me every time.

Do you love the club?

Do you think it inspires Dzeko and Garcia?

What do you hope to achieve? It's well documented that players feed off the crowd support, get behind the team or get yourself down to the swamp, you aren't wanted.

Booing the team as the game is being played is not on, but if you have paid good money to see top class players, and in your opinion they have been very poor, then yes it OK to boo them off the field, some fans would have taken their kids with them, and if you have spent up to or over £100 you have the right to boo.

I got critical looks from City fans in front of me for voicing this opinion at Pulis.

Some people just can't except other people's right to an opinion.

Carver said:
Loudmouthed old dickhead behind me just didn't get that we were playing the ball around at the back after we'd scored in order to draw Palace out , even though they seemed to be settling for a 1-0 defeat. He didn't get that Nasri, Silva and Yaya weren't shining against Liverpool because Liverpool's midfield were stopping them getting into advanced midfield positions as well (i.e. there was another team on the pitch).
I wish he'd fuck off and go and watch Bolton Wanderers, he ruins every game with his constant griping and calling the ref a cheat from the 1st minute to the last.

Do you stand down the bottom of 116 by any chance?

moomba said:
Garcia yesterday had 106 passes (most in the team) at 92% accuracy. He won 12 aerial duels (more than anyone in the league yesterday) and made 1 key pass. He filled space and helped the defence to a clean sheet.

He wasnt the best on the pitch, a lot of his passed were sideways and short, but those who say he offered nothing are doing so based on his name and not his performance which was more than decent.
It's not Garcia's roll to play defence splitting passes he is there to win it back and keep the ball ticking over..... it is Silvas, Navas and Nasris etc job to provide the flair, create and the defence splitting passes.....Garcia did what he was paid to do yesterday as simple as that as the stats above prove, but the know nowts can't see it....

moomba said:

Thank you Moomba for giving this thread some sense of perspective. Garcia was my MOTM after Hart yesterday due to the work he did to make it easier for Vinny and Nasty.

BringBackSwales said:
Kippaxstreetheadache said:
regista said:
Unbelievable really. The team fails to score 4 goals and some of the fans moan about it.

Say what you want about the players on these forums but you shouldn't be booing anyone inside the stadium. Put yourself in Dzeko's boots .. how would you feel if you got booed in front of your team mates, family and friends?

No one was booed yesterday, you'd know that if you were there. Read my previous post.

I heard people boo Dzeko yesterday, I also heard people shouting he is a lazy fucker, he is shit, get him off and loads more similar shit. There were at least 2 occasions when whole sections of the crowd made their negative feelings towards Edin clear at the same time. Our support yesterday was as quiet as I can remember, and the main noise was negative, appalling. If anyone who reads this forum and its continued abuse of Edin Dzeko really think that some of those same negative sentiments don't manifest themselves at the matches then they are seriously deluded

The one where he did not challenge the keeper and one where he received the ball in space and had space in front but still chose to go backwards which for far more dangerous. The ball is like a hot potato to him. He is not a technical footballer but in the right positions he can finish. Top clubs though require more than just finishing.

I didn't hear booing but yes the frustration of those two moments was there to hear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.