Booing our heroes

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
I never hear anyone being booed for misplacing a pass or the like.

What you will often hear however, is a crescendo of noise at those moments, in the form of thousands of groans, and a few choice expletives. If you were that way inclined you could view it as encouragement, but wherever you stand, it isn't booing.

There's no mistaking booing. Booing is a great big fuck off, there is no misinterpretation.

The only player I can recall actually being booed recently, is Kolarov. And that was after he responded to the above frustrated crowd unrest by fronting up people in the crowd and swearing at them during the last game of our relatively shite last season. It wasn't the first time he'd done it either, but after the general unrest and discontent of the dreadful showing in the FA Cup final and Mancini's subsequent sacking, his behaviour was a lighter fluid to a flame.

Just thought that distinction was important.

But yes, the hostility doesn't help the players when they're playing poorly.

^^ Heard groans but no booing.

Garcia wasn't bad yesterday but people saying he was motm are going to far. He was strong in the air and kept it simple. Puncheon was cutting inside a lot and just walking past Garcia. Navas tried this a couple of times and jedinak brushed him aside. In the premierleague or champions league Garcia is not a good enough defensive midfielder.

holeinone said:
OJ Blue said:
Gets me every time.

Do you love the club?

Do you think it inspires Dzeko and Garcia?

What do you hope to achieve? It's well documented that players feed off the crowd support, get behind the team or get yourself down to the swamp, you aren't wanted.

Booing the team as the game is being played is not on, but if you have paid good money to see top class players, and in your opinion they have been very poor, then yes it OK to boo them off the field, some fans would have taken their kids with them, and if you have spent up to or over £100 you have the right to boo.

No you don't you imbecile. Do you go back to Greggs and boo them if you didn't like your pasty?

You can groan to yourself, those around you and on an internet forum but not boo your own team.

samharris said:
BringBackSwales said:
You heard actual boos? As in people cupping their hands and booing?

I don't think so.

You heard groans, moaning and swearing on cue at every error by thousands of people.

Dzeko and Garcia got stick yesterday, but they weren't booed.

I agree though, the negativity gives a poor impression of our support especially when the atmosphere is poor as it was yesterday. I don't like it.

But like I said, you have to make a distinction between getting booed and getting stick, it's an important one to make.

Stop telling me what I heard and what I didn't hear. I sense a certain arrogance in your posts, but frankly you must have not only the best seat in the house but also bionic fucking hearing, if you can hear every noise in the whole stadium. I was sat in EL2, a bit left of centre as you face the pitch, and on 2 occasions yesterday , LIKE I SAID, I hear people BOO Edin Dzeko, probably 3 or 4 people each time, but next time I will get their fucking names and seat numbers for you, is that ok now? FFS

And pics of course. :)

yes, yes of course (hopefully blood splattered)<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:15 pm --<br /><br />
Puppet Master Silva said:
BringBackSwales said:
You heard actual boos? As in people cupping their hands and booing?

I don't think so.

You heard groans, moaning and swearing on cue at every error by thousands of people.

Dzeko and Garcia got stick yesterday, but they weren't booed.

I agree though, the negativity gives a poor impression of our support especially when the atmosphere is poor as it was yesterday. I don't like it.

But like I said, you have to make a distinction between getting booed and getting stick, it's an important one to make.

Stop telling me what I heard and what I didn't hear. I sense a certain arrogance in your posts, but frankly you must have not only the best seat in the house but also bionic fucking hearing, if you can hear every noise in the whole stadium. I was sat in EL2, a bit left of centre as you face the pitch, and on 2 occasions yesterday , LIKE I SAID, I hear people BOO Edin Dzeko, probably 3 or 4 people each time, but next time I will get their fucking names and seat numbers for you, is that ok now? FFS

I'm in East stand level 2 and didn't hear a thing?

sorry to hear that

M24 Citizen said:
holeinone said:
OJ Blue said:
Gets me every time.

Do you love the club?

Do you think it inspires Dzeko and Garcia?

What do you hope to achieve? It's well documented that players feed off the crowd support, get behind the team or get yourself down to the swamp, you aren't wanted.

Booing the team as the game is being played is not on, but if you have paid good money to see top class players, and in your opinion they have been very poor, then yes it OK to boo them off the field, some fans would have taken their kids with them, and if you have spent up to or over £100 you have the right to boo.

No you don't you imbecile. Do you go back to Greggs and boo them if you didn't like your pasty?

You can groan to yourself, those around you and on an internet forum but not boo your own team.

Opinions.

(P.S. I don't boo my team, but I don't have a problem with those that do at the appropriate time.)

dobobobo said:
M24 Citizen said:
holeinone said:

Opinions.

(P.S. I don't boo my team, but I don't have a problem with those that do at the appropriate time.)

But that's it. That's exactly the point. Posters are making the point that there's never an appropriate time. I don't hold with it myself. And I quite liked Aleks for giving the finger to the section of the South Stand that booed him at the end of last season.

bluemoon73 said:
I never hear anyone being booed for misplacing a pass or the like.

What you will often hear however, is a crescendo of noise at those moments, in the form of thousands of groans, and a few choice expletives. If you were that way inclined you could view it as encouragement, but wherever you stand, it isn't booing.

There's no mistaking booing. Booing is a great big fuck off, there is no misinterpretation.

The only player I can recall actually being booed recently, is Kolarov. And that was after he responded to the above frustrated crowd unrest by fronting up people in the crowd and swearing at them during the last game of our relatively shite last season. It wasn't the first time he'd done it either, but after the general unrest and discontent of the dreadful showing in the FA Cup final and Mancini's subsequent sacking, his behaviour was a lighter fluid to a flame.

Just thought that distinction was important.

But yes, the hostility doesn't help the players when they're playing poorly.

^^ Heard groans but no booing.

Ditto, and probably as most expected to win and got very frustrated when we struggled, but we were playing Pulis's team so not unexpected, did not hear 1 boo.

Garcia got jeers at least once when he got the ball twice in quick succession and passed it off to a blue shirt.

Other than that I heard isolated boost for Dzeko and Garcia, and plenty of negative reaction for both.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
dobobobo said:
M24 Citizen said:

Opinions.

But that's it. That's exactly the point. Posters are making the point that there's never an appropriate time. I don't hold with it myself. And I quite liked Aleks for giving the finger to the section of the South Stand that booed him at the end of last season.

Aye, but how does anyone put a stop to it. Can't stop opinions.

I think the thread title in relation to Dzeko and Garcia is hilarious, but me and the OP have a differing opinion.

It's like life really, what's the fucking point if you don't support City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.