Booing the Champions League Anthem

Nothing would please me more than us booing the anthem all the way and then winning the cup.

The non-petty side of me thinks that instead of booing we should sing a pro city song over it, sends a better message to the club.

But to be honest, Eufa are so corrupt, deceitful and detestable I’m surprised it doesn’t get boo’ed more.

I would agree with you mate if we boo'd during the game but it's 30 seconds at most then we let rip with the City songs, I can't see that adversely affecting the players.
Why do you go if you hate the competition owned by UEFA so much ? Its so bizarre. Best way to demonstrate your anger is don’t go.

Go on then. Ignoring the European Champions Cup and counting only the Champions League (which is what I posted), since 1997, the last 20 years, Barcelona have won it 4 times, Real Madrid 6 times, Bayern, AC and United, despite overwhelming domestic dominance, have won it twice and 4 others once. I think that supports my post. Think we can win it twice in 20? Never mind 4 or 6 times. It's a tall order to win it once. And I think making it an explicit target is making a rod for your own back.

And if you go back to the first final in 1993, to this day it's never been won by a team that didn't become a member of the G14 in 2000. So yeah, I reckon it's not going to be easy.

Strongly agree with this. Champions League is extremely difficult to win because the standard is so high, it's knock out and as with all football competitions a great deal still relies on luck.

Look at Chelsea: one of their weaker teams over the past few years won the CL playing under managerial genius Di Matteo.

Why do you go if you hate the competition owned by UEFA so much ? Its so bizarre. Best way to demonstrate your anger is don’t go.
How is not going to suppprt my club the best way to demonstrate my anger towards UEFA??? I demonstrate my anger by booing the anthem for 30 seconds then suppprt the club I've been supporting for the last 48 years, what's bizarre is why you and others on here can't grasp that??

If I applied the same logic to the FA, who are another corrupt organisation that make me angry, I would never go again to watch City....!

We are not a group social injustice do-gooders we are supporters. We’ve made our point but our stubbornness to continue with our protest is clearly impacting decisions on and off the pitch and hampering our efforts to advance in this competition.
If you want adverseries like LFC to progress at our expense carry on. Even Pep’s asked us to stop. Far better we win it and then boo their anthem - remember he who laughs last....

We are not a group social injustice do-gooders we are supporters. We’ve made our point but our stubbornness to continue with our protest is clearly impacting decisions on and off the pitch and hampering our efforts to advance in this competition.
If you want adverseries like LFC to progress at our expense carry on. Even Pep’s asked us to stop. Far better we win it and then boo their anthem - remember he who laughs last....
Which Just confirms why they get booed, they throw games so we can't advance in the competition and you think we should just sit back and take it so they may let us win it one day :-)
Yeah ok then ...!

I guarantee Juve will be booing that anthem next season too...!

Pointless continuing the argument with the pro and anti booing element of our fan base for the sake of 30 seconds of pre match protest .... You do your thing and we will do ours... End of...!

Don't think you get it CM.

Do you support our club being continually done over by UEFA & their agents in corruption. Did you buy tix,flights,hotel to Moscow.

If you're answers are YES & NO perhaps it's you who should stop goin.

I'm 67 and I BoooooOOOOOO my fecking head off !!

It’s all a bit childish if you ask me.

The only way to fuck UEFA is to get 100% behind the lads and win the fucking thing.

Booing the anthem in earshot of 200 million people is not going to go in our favour.

UEFA will be sat there listening thinking ‘these little ****s are booing again, reet that’s them being on the end of some exit defining decisions again then’.

It needs fucking off.

Ha ha.....everyone was behind the lads on Tuesday AND we boooooooood their dirty little dirge.

Could it be you that needs fecking orf ?

BoooooOOOOO !!

Even though I’ve attended every Champions League game this season, (including the dead rubber in Kharkiv), I personally don’t give a flying fuck if City never win this pile of corporate shite. Let's just win the Premier League, and retain it next Season.
The Champions League is a bloated, corrupt, epitome of greed-infested, self-indulgent shite, that’s occasionally won by a scrawpy English team, on penalties. It’s got fuck all to do with being the best team in Europe, and everything to do with trousering as much money as possible for the established elite.
I despise UEFA, and I guarantee that Guardiola’s punishment will be more severe than the paltry fine for the prehistoric reception at Klanfield last week. However, apart from that, I don't really have an opinion.

Agreed
100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.