Booing the Champions League Anthem

I understand why the Champions League is important to the club, it's the most high profile club competition in the world and to lift that trophy would bring about accolades and the type of world wide publicity we have never experienced before.

As a fan, watching the club try and compete every year where the odds are clearly stacked against us wears you down after a while. Every game of note we have played has been overshadowed by a controversial incident.

It's clear UEFA don't want us to be there and will do everything they can to stop us having a fair shot. That isn't going to change whether we boo or not. Fans aren't able to influence much, but if for the couple of minutes during the champs league anthem we have our opportunity to make our point then we have every right to do so.

Pep might not like the booing, but with respect to him he's a manager who is assessed on how well his team performs in the competition. Maybe after this season he'll understand our frustrations a bit more, either way the likelihood is he'll be managing somewhere else in a few years, whereas we will be putting up with the same shit we have been ever since we first qualified for the competition. Long may the booing continue, fuck UEFA.

I've changed my mind, I'm gonna start booing again.

Exactly what do clubs gain from winning the thing? A bit of prestige, some bragging rights? As long as we keep qualifying for it and getting to the knockout stages, the club gets enough cash. Losing a QF has cost us, what, £30M or so? Pfft. And who knows, maybe one day we'll be so good they can't stop us. The atmosphere over the last few weeks has been awesome and, moreover, enjoyable.

Let's build a team that rips up the league every year, gets to Wembley regularly and entertains. Every box ticked (almost) this season.

Keep on booing. Once those towers come crumbling down, it'll be oh so sweet.

Once a blue, always a boo!

I boo because UEFA stands for all that is wrong about football and it doesn’t stand for my principals in sport.
I boo evenmore so because the way UEFA have and still are treating our club, backed by the usual suspect clubs in football.

Pep can ask what he wants from the fans, but booing the anthem has absolutely and should absolutely have nothing to do with the team performances in the CL.
And by all means, if Pep hasn’t seen we are being treated differently than his formers Bayern and Barcelona, he has seen it now when he was able to overthink the treatment when sitting in the stands on Tuesdaynight.

As long as we play in the CL I boo.

The owner, the management and the players trying their damnedest to win this competition, only to be shackled by spoilt booing brats. Grow up for fucks sake!

Feck me pal,that's rich coming from some one with a name like yours.

Tiggsy. Wiggsy. Woo. Ha Ha Ha. Grow up. Ha Ha Ha.

He who laughs last.........Ha Ha Ha.

As Blues we have always taken a stand and one thing we hate more than anything else is bullies. That is why we stayed loyal and stuck with our club through the dark years while the bullying mocking vile shit over the road were rubbing our noses in it. We never gave in and stayed proud and loyal when it would have been easier to jump ship, put a red and white scarf on and bask in the reflected glory of the scum.

Anyone who thinks we will get an easier ride or the players will suddenly play better if we stop is living in cloud cuckoo land. I will stop when their refs stop screwing us over, the draws aren't rigged and the corrupt tossers stop thinking up ways to hinder us financially.

Pep wears his ribbon for his principles and I will boo for mine.

I understand why the Champions League is important to the club, it's the most CORRUPT club competition in the world and to lift that trophy would bring about accolades and the type of world wide publicity we have never experienced before.

As a fan, watching the club try and compete every year where the odds are clearly stacked against us wears you down after a while. Every game of note we have played has been overshadowed by a controversial incident.

It's clear UEFA don't want us to be there and will do everything they can to stop us having a fair shot. That isn't going to change whether we boo or not. Fans aren't able to influence much, but if for the couple of minutes during the champs league anthem we have our opportunity to make our point then we have every right to do so.

Pep might not like the booing, but with respect to him he's a manager who is assessed on how well his team performs in the competition. Maybe after this season he'll understand our frustrations a bit more, either way the likelihood is he'll be managing somewhere else in a few years, whereas we will be putting up with the same shit we have been ever since we first qualified for the competition. Long may the booing continue, fuck UEFA.

FIXED ; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.