Boro Post Match thread

The club clearly want us to play in a certain way (as Soriano himself has said) but at the current time we have players not really fit for that job, that's why we struggled last season and aren't really ripping up trees this season. This window is critical as we have a lot of players out of contract and we really need to bring in players that are capable of playing the way Guardiola/the club want. Hopefully by the start of the season we will have a much stronger and younger squad that have been bought for the way we intend to play.
Spot on, but sadly that doesn't pacify the "I want to win everything now" fans

Grim future for the club. Turns out the manager is " clueless, arrogant, the prem is too much for him to cope with, he ignores the youth setup, worst of all he ignores the advice from the fans. To cap it all he's fkn bald.....
What we need is RM back or MP or MH , not to mention NDJ, and JH.
We need "passion" not passing, nowt wrong with a bit of thuggery it's a contact game ffs
When did Silva last break someones leg. Kin lightweight.Sterling hardly ever gets a red card, no passion. KdB, having the most assists in the prem means fk all if you dont show "passion", when will he learn??
What we need is BFS, shawcross, charlie adam, skrtl, ramos, pepe, crouch (good feet for a big man) cattermole, shame about barton, he had " passion" , same goes andy morrison. Bellamy could be used as a mentor for the academy,he knew how to stir a game into life.
All this shit about possession being better than lumping it long can then be kicked into touch at last, the spanish duo need to go as well, charlatans if you ask me. Pep, listen to the fans, they dont want (deserve?)you , all the excuses about half the team knowing their contracts wont be renewed, the age of the squad, the atmosphere that is deafeningly missing, are just a smoke-screen, you have been out-coached by journey-man managers who "know the prem" .
F.F.S ......

Because surely, he would have to compromise his style this season to do that. So you advocate we dont start his style till next season whereby the whole team(whoever that might be), has to land running. No- for me he is right to stick with his principles this season to give us a good start for next. We should still make chumps league doing it this way, so no real damage done imo.

Have you seen our results since the last time we played Boro away in the cup. I`m very concerned we wont get in the Champions League and the effect it would have on our ability to purchase the players we need to compete with the best.

Have you seen our results since the last time we played Boro away in the cup. I`m very concerned we wont get in the Champions League and the effect it would have on our ability to purchase the players we need to compete with the best.
Your prerogative to think that - but that was then and this is now. Our run in is as favourable as any and should see us there

Until we have strong options on the bench we won't be strong enough. If you want to aim to win the league and champions league you need to be able to bring game changers on. Our top players look overly tired and in need of a rest bit no one can take their place.

Grim future for the club. Turns out the manager is " clueless, arrogant, the prem is too much for him to cope with, he ignores the youth setup, worst of all he ignores the advice from the fans. To cap it all he's fkn bald.....
What we need is RM back or MP or MH , not to mention NDJ, and JH.
We need "passion" not passing, nowt wrong with a bit of thuggery it's a contact game ffs
When did Silva last break someones leg. Kin lightweight.Sterling hardly ever gets a red card, no passion. KdB, having the most assists in the prem means fk all if you dont show "passion", when will he learn??
What we need is BFS, shawcross, charlie adam, skrtl, ramos, pepe, crouch (good feet for a big man) cattermole, shame about barton, he had " passion" , same goes andy morrison. Bellamy could be used as a mentor for the academy,he knew how to stir a game into life.
All this shit about possession being better than lumping it long can then be kicked into touch at last, the spanish duo need to go as well, charlatans if you ask me. Pep, listen to the fans, they dont want (deserve?)you , all the excuses about half the team knowing their contracts wont be renewed, the age of the squad, the atmosphere that is deafeningly missing, are just a smoke-screen, you have been out-coached by journey-man managers who "know the prem" .
F.F.S ......
I think you could have a point in the early part of your post. We went from Mark Hughes (Short back and sides) to Bobby (Swept back Italian classic cut) to Pelle (Full on Mullet). To bring Pep in just doesn't fell like progression.

As has been mentioned I am sure, without Silva looks like we are trying to cracking a nut with a sledgehammer and missing. Previously we would have slotted Yaya in there but he plays so deep these days he doesn't do it either. With no full backs overlapping we are faced with relying on Sane and Sterling, when we don't even start them it's mission impossible for Aguero and or Jesus as there will be 6 defenders which you can throw a tea towel over in the middle. Looking at the starting line up yesterday I am at a loss as to where it was suppose to happen.

As has been mentioned I am sure, without Silva looks like we are trying to cracking a nut with a sledgehammer and missing. Previously we would have slotted Yaya in there but he plays so deep these days he doesn't do it either. With no full backs overlapping we are faced with relying on Sane and Sterling, when we don't even start them it's mission impossible for Aguero and or Jesus as there will be 6 defenders which you can throw a tea towel over in the middle. Looking at the starting line up yesterday I am at a loss as to where it was suppose to happen.

I assume KDB was supposed to be the creative one but he's not really firing on all cylinders at present and rarely looks effective against teams that defend deeply.

It was a very disappointing performance yesterday, but no great surprise after seeing the starting XI. Also, you have to factor in the physical toll of the semi-final and the derby. Three tough games in seven days.

I'm not sure anyone other than Guardiola thought that Clichy and Navas as wing backs would be a success though. I'm certain that we'll be much improved next season, as his hands are tied somewhat at the moment with the players at his disposal, but he's not infallible and has made some bad calls this season.

Hopefully we can use the upcoming home games to ensure a top four finish, and then rebuild in the summer. The squad needs a big overhaul, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Guardiola shapes it for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.