Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Personally I think our issues stemmed from defence. Cancelo shudda been RB & Aké or Gomez shudda been LB. Stones isn't a sufficient enough RB at the highest level, & yet again we're talking about FB issues when we've have months to resolve it.

It does my fuckin head in talking about the same LB weak spot season after season... \0/
Personally I think it stemmed from us the fans we only started to get behind them when goal down we need to start doing it from the off

The question is....Haaland has an enormous amount of characteristics that we have seen from many great players before. But; does he have the determination of Darius Vassell? I am thinking he needs a bit more time before we can judge that.

Pep surely has to try something different with Jack as it isn't really working just yet.
Problem is it's a congested area - Rodri is there for the defensive side of things, IMHO Kev/Gundog/Bernie are better than Grealish in the 2 other positions.
I'd take a look against a "lesser" PL team, but that's not generally the way Pep does it (and really are there that many these days - every PL game is a tough day at the office)

I don't think I'm being over dramatic when I say that's the worst we've played in years.. goodness gracious. What was up with us tonight? The effort was poor from minute one.

Gundo and Kev were equally as bad as Jack and Mahrez
Tempo was off and that applies to all the midfield - but was it our tempo or was it dortmunds tactics and superb execution of it which led to that lack of tempo? Looked like there was fuck all space and they were quick to close off the balls in behind. A couple of crosses from Mahrez, Grealish and de bruyne were a fraction too late/early for Haaland - fine margins.
They are decent so also posed a threat as well and that will also make us more wary/slow. Bellingham getting cramp shows the shift they put in - hard to maintain for 90. Could argue that the 1st midfield laid the foundations for the 3 subs to use their energy and pace against a tiring team. Just not keen on the match day thread style calling players out for being shit when dortmund simply made it v tough & hummels had his best game in a long time.

He's also hated by many on here which is a bit embarrassing
This is not true and I doubt there are many city fans that hate him. He has been poor for us and people are just saying it. We don’t have to pretend he hasn’t been underwhelming in his city career so far. I am sure most people are still praying he turns very good for us.

Just for comparison, check out goal number 80 …

Love the fact Cryuff gets real height on his jump, but he was on his own with no defenders putting him under pressure. I’m going 8.5 for Cryuff & 9.25 for Erling

Fumming with our club and fanbase. Quick to boo the CL anthem but not quick to sing god save the king.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.