Boyata

MonsallBlue said:
I though Boyata and Kompany were fuckin immense.

Left back was a real issue.
Micah a little out of position again plenty of times

Out of position left and right backs been a problem for us on many occasions and, I think, is part of the reason the midfield suffers as they're always covering. However, Boyata has really impressed me. Think about how young our back 4 were tonight.

Another piece of work from our academy. Let's hope he can surpass Onuoha and Richards, and no disrespect to them, who on their day are top class!

If Mancini has one thing going for him, its playing the kids. It's the only way they'll improve and I encourage it.

Andouble said:
PSmyth07 said:
As much as I like the return of Lescott, Onouha and Toure, I don't really want to see him change Boyata and Kompany. I think he learns so much from Kompany and he will be a great centre-back.
6 goals in 3 games with that pairing. Come back soon Joleon and Kolo.

It's obvious that we're going to concede with such a negative midfield. As much as I like De Jong, I want to see City line-up without him or for him to learn how to be a centre-midfield.

We need to be approaching games wanting to score and get a solid win, not trying to protect a 0-0 situation.

Andouble said:
PSmyth07 said:
As much as I like the return of Lescott, Onouha and Toure, I don't really want to see him change Boyata and Kompany. I think he learns so much from Kompany and he will be a great centre-back.

hmm, harsh when two of the games were against utd, and joleon and kolo's last game was against bolton. goals conceded... 3.

Tricky_Trev said:
He slipped at a few critical moments, and sliced many clearances. He could maybe have been a bit tighter to Rooney for their winner, giving himself a better chance of stopping the ball reaching him. You could also tell he was incredibly nervous.

But you know what... i don't give a shit. There'd be something wrong with him if he wasn't nervous. I'm incredibly proud of him. He's come from nowhere to play both legs in our first cup semi-final for about 28 years, or something like that. And a Manchester derby to boot. He was also outstanding against Scunny. I'm not going to be blind to certain errors that he made - because he did make some - but at the same time, you can forgive him 100%. He's put everything he has into these games. So, so proud of the lad. Made some great last ditch challenges, glancing headers to clear the danger, and put his body on the line to block things. I can't think of a single player that has crammed so much into his first 3/4 games as a professional. These experiences will stand him in great stead for the future. A star is born.

This. No he wasn't perfect but he never backed down. And a lot of people hadn't heard of him a month ago!

It's easy to forget that Kompany is only 23 as well. These two could form a very good partnership, backbone of city and Belgium for years to come.

He was outstanding by any standards, it was Kompany who went to sleep for fatboys goal, the kid never put a foot wrong.

Richards - 21
Boyata - 19
Kompany - 23
Garrido - 24

Average age of defence - 21.75

Average age of United's defence - about 28.

Nuff said really.

He's played very well recently, would like to see him and Kompany start over Toure/Lescott. Not because I think they are better players, but because I think they work better together.

Andouble said:
PSmyth07 said:

wasnt it 9 goals in 3 with THAT pairing :-))

thought he was fantastic really. i couldnt see it on any threads but why the fook were all our players slipping over at crucial times?were our boots sabotaged or something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.