Bradford City thread

I was 5 years old, when the fire happened. I was playing on the back street outside my house. My house was 1.5 mile from Valley Parade. I can remember seeing the plume of black smoke rising above the surrounding area. I didnt understand what it was though.

I also remember going into my house and my Dad telling my Mum that Valley Parade was on fire. Think he had Grandstand on and they were reporting from the match.

In later years I learned my older cousin was at the match. Thankfully he was in the Kop, which stands to the right of the stand that caught fire. He managed to get onto the pitch. The days before mobile phones though. Only as I've got older and I'm a parent myself, its dawned on me how much stress my Auntie and Uncle must have been going through that day.

When I was a barman, I also got talking to a retired fireman. He was on duty, that fateful day. Said he will never forget the stench. He got home afterwards and sat in the bath for hours just scrubbing himself and crying.

Just got back from the memorial always sad to see the faces of loved ones that lost family members ......... although it doesn’t get the coverage of other disasters so long as the City of Bradford and Lincoln remember the 56 then that’s all that matters

I was in the Bradford End as a couple of Bradford mates lent me their memberships. The ticket office didn't believe me and I produced the memberships. Long time ago!
We went over a few weeks before, were trying to learn the names of their team and areas of Bradford in case they asked, but found a couple of their fans on the walk up to the ticket office and we bunged them a fiver on top to sort us out

R. I. P. The 56, who tragically died that fateful day all those years ago.

I have mentioned this before, but I have mates at work, who were at Valley Parade that day, and still find it difficult to talk about what happened.

As has been said above, this disaster doesn’t receive the national attention that it should.

15 Swindon Town fans banned from football for throwing objects at a Bradford City supporters coach.

Yet Merseyside Police still haven't charged any Liverpool fans, with our team bus being attacked.

15 Swindon Town fans banned from football for throwing objects at a Bradford City supporters coach.

Yet Merseyside Police still haven't charged any Liverpool fans, with our team bus being attacked.

Go on YouTube and type in Bradford City v Swindon coach chase :) if some have been banned for that then frankly it’s fooking embarrassing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.