Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very interesting documentary and he comes across as a genuinely humble kid.

The aspect of his game that I like is that he offers something that the first team squad don't really have - a player that can take on and beat an opposing fullback. He has the added advantage of being able to play with both feet. If I was comparing him as a winger to Navas, I think Navas is quicker, but I think Brandon is more skilful on the ball.

I think the squad needs that x-factor. A player that can come on and turn a game with a moment of individual brilliance.

He is in the most capable of hands with Viera teaching him, so it's going to be very interesting to watch his development in the next couple of years. I am biased but it would be brilliant to have some local lads working their way eventually into the first team squad.

taleofbluehalves said:
He still seems very young but I hope he makes it.
He'll make it alright but a what level is up to the lad himself. If i was a betting man i think he will be playing for us.

as one of the EDS's most productive and impressive performers this season, I feel sorry for the kid that he hasn't been given an opportunity on the bench while the likes of Pozo, Ambrose and Celina have; it's further of evidence of Pellegrini's begrudging use of British players.

I see Brandon as equally talented as James Wilson, but while his club is accommodating him in a more comprehensive attack than ours, we can't find room for an unquestionably mercurial Mancunian on the bench in cup ties against lower league opposition.

I know most people are now happy for the club to be an overly-cosmopolitan element of the City Football Group in exchange for a bit of success, but it seems to escape them that are that the perennially successful clubs are the ones who forge teams around the best domestic talent; our project is promising on paper, but until we have a coach with the courage and understanding of how to cultivate and integrate young talent like a Guardiola it will never be optimised.

.A. said:
as one of the EDS's most productive and impressive performers this season, I feel sorry for the kid that he hasn't been given an opportunity on the bench while the likes of Pozo, Ambrose and Celina have; it's further of evidence of Pellegrini's begrudging use of British players.

I see Brandon as equally talented as James Wilson, but while his club is accommodating him in a more comprehensive attack than ours, we can't find room for an unquestionably mercurial Mancunian on the bench in cup ties against lower league opposition.

I know most people are now happy for the club to be an overly-cosmopolitan element of the City Football Group in exchange for a bit of success, but it seems to escape them that are that the perennially successful clubs are the ones who forge teams around the best domestic talent; our project is promising on paper, but until we have a coach with the courage and understanding of how to cultivate and integrate young talent like a Guardiola it will never be optimised.

Hmmm. Probably better in the Pelligrini thread. If he's good enough his chance will come. Comparisons with Wilson aren't valid because the rags are a mid-table side vying for a run in the FA Cup. Different ball game altogether.

Wreckless Alec said:
.A. said:

Hmmm. Probably better in the Pelligrini thread. If he's good enough his chance will come. Comparisons with Wilson aren't valid because the rags are a mid-table side vying for a run in the FA Cup. Different ball game altogether.

If Ferguson had Brandon Barker, at the same time he had, Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney etc, & they played Sheffield Wed, in the FA Cup, at home, Barker would have been straight in the side. No doubt in my mind.

Not playing him much in the Premier League, I can fully accept. But that selection yesterday, was a complete bottle job & the team played exactly as you would have expected that 11 to play.

Next season, some young players MUST play imo. Or we start looking for a manager who can combine both areas.

Wreckless Alec said:
.A. said:

Agreed. I've said it else where but comparing us to the rags forced use of youth and who have a crap squad in comparison (not to mention injury ravaged) makes you seriously question the poster.

ColinLee said:
Wreckless Alec said:
.A. said:

Agreed. I've said it else where but comparing us to the rags forced use of youth and who have a crap squad in comparison (not to mention injury ravaged) makes you seriously question the poster.

Rags have more attacking options available than we do currently & were away from home in the tournament which represents their only chance of winning a trophy.

We had an ex City academy player, who we know inside out, playing against us, but don't have the bottle to risk a proven better player against him.

.A. said:

Have you made a post on this forum yet that doesn't strongly resemble a UKIP speach? Just to put your little England mind at rest, I imagine the fairly obvious reason that Pozo, Ambrose and Celina have been on the bench and Barker hasn't is not that they are foreign, but that they are all strikers or can play up front, which Barker isn't. Given that all our strikers have been injured and we've been promoting youth players to take the place as emergency strikers, I'd of thought that might be the reason behind the selections.

If you want to argue that Barker or the other young players should be getting more chances on the bench, that's one thing, but to play the "anti-english" card is just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.