Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
.A. said:
as one of the EDS's most productive and impressive performers this season, I feel sorry for the kid that he hasn't been given an opportunity on the bench while the likes of Pozo, Ambrose and Celina have; it's further of evidence of Pellegrini's begrudging use of British players.

Glendon was recently on the bench.

Neville Kneville said:
Wreckless Alec said:
.A. said:
as one of the EDS's most productive and impressive performers this season, I feel sorry for the kid that he hasn't been given an opportunity on the bench while the likes of Pozo, Ambrose and Celina have; it's further of evidence of Pellegrini's begrudging use of British players.

I see Brandon as equally talented as James Wilson, but while his club is accommodating him in a more comprehensive attack than ours, we can't find room for an unquestionably mercurial Mancunian on the bench in cup ties against lower league opposition.

I know most people are now happy for the club to be an overly-cosmopolitan element of the City Football Group in exchange for a bit of success, but it seems to escape them that are that the perennially successful clubs are the ones who forge teams around the best domestic talent; our project is promising on paper, but until we have a coach with the courage and understanding of how to cultivate and integrate young talent like a Guardiola it will never be optimised.

Hmmm. Probably better in the Pelligrini thread. If he's good enough his chance will come. Comparisons with Wilson aren't valid because the rags are a mid-table side vying for a run in the FA Cup. Different ball game altogether.

If Ferguson had Brandon Barker, at the same time he had, Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney etc, & they played Sheffield Wed, in the FA Cup, at home, Barker would have been straight in the side. No doubt in my mind.

Not playing him much in the Premier League, I can fully accept. But that selection yesterday, was a complete bottle job & the team played exactly as you would have expected that 11 to play.

Next season, some young players MUST play imo. Or we start looking for a manager who can combine both areas.

Agreed, only negative I can throw at Pellergrini is that he has a pretty dire record with our youth. Brandon is showing a huge amount of promise and in a position where a mistake isn't deadly, if we ain't gonna play him much he might be a prime loanee for the likes of NYC where he can get time in an attacking team surrounded by staff chosen by us.

*Disclaimer: Before anyone foams at the mouth, yes I think he has been bad regarding our youth, that in no way means he hasn't been a brilliant manager. People all over this forum think focusing on one negative or positive thing means everything must be that inclined and it's starting to piss me off.

barker should have at least been on the bench for the cup games. Pelle's record on youth isn't great and I feel barker needs to move up a level, and join the first team squad, as i dont want to see a chelsea scenario, where they are good enough, but never play.

but there doesn't look like theres much hope, when there is only one young player on the bench against sheffiled wednesday. I reckon only a change of manager ( dont want) would give our young players more chances. Im sick of the "if their good enough" argument, we won't know if there good enough unless they are given a chance. If we had an 18 year old luke shaw in our eds team would he be given a chance ? the answer is no. Also they can develop to be good enough in our first team, we can't expect them to be world class straight away though. As we will never see any young players and may swell scrap the whole thing.

our team is crying out for a gerrard ( local lad) type player and I believe barker can be that person.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
barker should have at least been on the bench for the cup games. Pelle's record on youth isn't great and I feel barker needs to move up a level, and join the first team squad, as i dont want to see a chelsea scenario, where they are good enough, but never play.

but there doesn't look like theres much hope, when there is only one young player on the bench against sheffiled wednesday. I reckon only a change of manager ( dont want) would give our young players more chances. Im sick of the "if their good enough" argument, we won't know if there good enough unless they are given a chance. If we had an 18 year old luke shaw in our eds team would he be given a chance ? the answer is no. Also they can develop to be good enough in our first team, we can't expect them to be world class straight away though. As we will never see any young players and may swell scrap the whole thing.

our team is crying out for a gerrard ( local lad) type player and I believe barker can be that person.
You were doing well until the last sentence
So what the league champions need is a local lad in order to kick on?
Sure

squirtyflower said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Sure

Absolutely.

It would be fantastic for the club to get a few Manchester lads playing for City again.

Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

Sure

Absolutely.

It would be fantastic for the club to get a few Manchester lads playing for City again.
Personally I don't give a toss.
It would be great but it doesn't keep me awake at night.
Furthermore what if they weren't good enough but are in the team because they were Manc, nah!

squirtyflower said:
Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:
Sure

Absolutely.

Furthermore what if they weren't good enough but are in the team because they were Manc, nah!

Except they wouldn't be.

They would be in the team because they are really fucking good.

Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:
Neville Kneville said:
Absolutely.

Except they wouldn't be.

They would be in the team because they are really fucking good.
And that's the problem, are they good enough now?

According to the club the answers no, and although, like everybody else, I'd love to see them all step up now, the manager and the club in general don't think they're quite ready yet.

I'll trust the club/managers opinion on this over impatient fans any day of the week.

I think the problem is that Pellegrini has no real intention of playing any of these players just yet. With the exception of Pozo (has he gone missing?) getting a serious run of games, the rest have been selected on the bench once at a time as a one-off, as if its some kind of treat rather them actually being there with a view to contributing to the game. Glendon, Angelino, Ambrose, Celina all there just once in recent weeks (I believe). I think I would rather just 1 of those got a call up (Ambrose because of the striker problem?) and were on the bench 4 times, and getting some minutes in the process, rather than them sharing the role and none of them featuring.

We are getting closer though, and it will be interesting to see what happens when we have the more senior Lopes and Denayer possibly coming into contention next season.

I think it's a good thing that they are being brought in very slowly. get them on the bench and in the dressing room. Let them listen to the advice that the management staff are giving the players and the way the players react. If they are playing themselves they can't concentrate on anything else. Let these experiences soak in to as many as we can afford to take up a sub place and eventually they'll get their chance on the pitch. All part of the big picture imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.