Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
squirtyflower said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
squirtyflower said:
Personally I don't give a toss.
It would be great but it doesn't keep me awake at night.
Furthermore what if they weren't good enough but are in the team because they were Manc, nah!

But no one said that, of course they have to be good enough, your telling me we didn't have one young player good enough to play against sheffield wednesday ?? or newcastle. The very same newcastle who played a 17 year old upfront and was one of there best players. Theres nothing wrong with wanting mancunians in a manchester team or given at least some kind of chance.
Well actually you did post that
You inferred what this team needed was a 'local lad'
I said what the team needed was great players

it's an absolute bonus if they are local

As regards Barker, he's not ready IMO, and has even been subbed off not long into games for not following the game plan, or so it would seem.

What when he was 10 ?

Happened recently has it ?

Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
But no one said that, of course they have to be good enough, your telling me we didn't have one young player good enough to play against sheffield wednesday ?? or newcastle. The very same newcastle who played a 17 year old upfront and was one of there best players. Theres nothing wrong with wanting mancunians in a manchester team or given at least some kind of chance.

As regards Barker, he's not ready IMO, and has even been subbed off not long into games for not following the game plan, or so it would seem.

What when he was 10 ?

It's happened this season

squirtyflower said:
Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:

What when he was 10 ?

So that makes it relevant to his form in the last few months, & whether he's good enough to have played vs Championship Sheff Wed last Sunday ?

squirtyflower said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
squirtyflower said:
Personally I don't give a toss.
It would be great but it doesn't keep me awake at night.
Furthermore what if they weren't good enough but are in the team because they were Manc, nah!

"Furthermore what if they weren't good enough but are in the team because they were Manc, nah!"

i was on about this I never referred to quality in my first post, but no one is suggesting they should be in the team if they aren't good enough. obvious;ly they have to be good enough, I shouldn't even have to put that. Was just stating that it would be good if we had some local players in the team. Whats wrong with that ?

squirtyflower said:
twosips said:
It'd be absolutely mint to have a young Manc lad come through. I can't see why anyone would disagree?

United fans loved Scholes, Nevilles, Welbeck etc cos they were all local so felt more like 'one of them' and I'd definitely love that with the likes of Glendon, Barker and Bryan.
So they don't eulogise over Best, charlton and Law then?

Or called Cantona God?

I must be mistaken then.

What?

What the flying fuck has that got to do with anything? Christ alive. Insane levels of retardedness here.

How did you take from me saying that United loved their local lads that i was implying that they only love local lads and not Cantona, Best and Law? Baffled. I never implied anything of the sort!

I just know United fans felt closer to Welbeck cos he was from the same area. They loved Cantona too, but it is nice to have one of your own ya know?

squirtyflower said:
Neville Kneville said:
squirtyflower said:

What when he was 10 ?

Do you mean Roma at home when he was subbed after about 30-40 minutes?

Barker isn't ready for the first team yet.

Whilst he offers bursts of magic he goes missing in games and you question what exactly is he doing, but then out of nothing he comes up with a brilliant goal or assist.

You can say that he lacks consistency but I also think a player of his quality should be learning to demand the ball more.

Let's see how he gets on in the second half of the season, but if he carries on the way he has been he will need a loan at the end of the season because for me on current form he is too good for EDS football.

sam-caddick said:
Barker isn't ready for the first team yet.

Whilst he offers bursts of magic he goes missing in games and you question what exactly is he doing, but then out of nothing he comes up with a brilliant goal or assist.

You can say that he lacks consistency but I also think a player of his quality should be learning to demand the ball more.

Let's see how he gets on in the second half of the season, but if he carries on the way he has been he will need a loan at the end of the season because for me on current form he is too good for EDS football.

He might not be ready for the first team, but he's as ready to get some kind of game time in the first team, as most kids have been, anywhere, when making their debut, & most City (& rags) kids have been in the past when given their first runout, going back decades.

You don't have to be 100% ready to hold down a first team place, in order to get on the pitch occasionally. Several of our kids are good enough to get some minutes in the first team, to show them & the club where they are up to, & it appears we don't actually hold any value to giving them that experience, when in the past we did (& other clubs do now).

Most of our best homegrown players of the past were no more advanced than these kids when they first appeared in the team. The difference is that we are choosing not to give these a chance, because the current squad is bigger/better than those of the past & we don't feel it's urgent.

Look at the possible holes in next seasons Champions League squad, & it suddenly looks more urgent.

You could just see it in his play tonight, how he would have been outclassed vs people like Jeremy Helan & struggled vs a Championship team on a much bigger, better pitch. Who needs fast, skillful, young players skinning defenders & firing crosses in & scoring goals when we can watch 36 year old Frank Lampard plodding around the halfway line ?

Whatever was I thinking ?

Neville Kneville said:
You could just see it in his play tonight, how he would have been outclassed vs people like Jeremy Helan & struggled vs a Championship team on a much bigger, better pitch. Who needs fast, skillful, young players skinning defenders & firing crosses in & scoring goals when we can watch 36 year old Frank Lampard plodding around the halfway line ?

Whatever was I thinking ?

Ive been working tonight Nev so missed the game and commentary,how did he do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.