Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised we havent see Barker included from a strategic standpoint if nothing else. With the CFA opening, its been prime time to introduce our most promising local talent, even if he just sat on the bench for a couple of games.

Watched the game last night and he's really kicked on since I last saw him, getting bigger and stronger and his alround game is rally coming on. We could have a real gem if we manage the next 18 months of his career correctly as he has a talent which few possess.

sam-caddick said:
Neville Kneville said:
sam-caddick said:
Barkers goal was unbelievable, he made a few other good runs and passes, but apart from that his influence was mainly just offering us width to stretch the play.

He is one of those players who might not do anything for ages and then bang he comes up with the goods.

He missed a one on one that I thought he should have slotted away.

Again, like I said earlier, if he carries on performing and scoring regularly I think he will outgrow EDS football by the end of the season and will need to go out on loan as well as bulking himself up.

Technically he is good enough, but he is way off physically.

For a wide player ? Nah. He will get bigger & stronger but he is already ahead of many such players when they started at the top level.

He has pace, & can go both sides of a fullback, cross/shoot with both feet & he can play a pass from deep, great first touch, decent in the air, intelligent & is willing to track back.

Loads of lesser players than that have played Premier League football for top 4 clubs.

Senior fullbacks will just bully him at the moment, Kyle Walker had him in his pocket in an u21 game the other month whilst he was coming back from injury to get back in the Spurs team.

He is worth giving game time to in a cup game but he isn't ready for us yet.

Like our defence bullied that kid from Newcastle ? Or Neil Poynton bullied Ryan Giggs ?

Barker is a true wild card,who could come on as sub v someone like Zabba, & do nothing. Or equally tear him a new arsehole.

Both possibilities are there. We are just assuming the worst one, & haven't got the balls to try for the best.

City used to play players like him, & not just when we were shit, or had injuries. When we were fucking good, by choice.

I'd definitely give him a start against Middlesbrough in the cup. What harm could there be in putting him in ahead of Navas for that game? Keep quality players like Silva, Fernandinho, etc. in there but gamble with Barker. I don't see that being detrimental to our performance with either Zabaleta or Clichy behind him (depending on which side you put him on).

If he has a bad game, he has a bad game. So what! Patience will pay off with this kid.

I also think he'd have more of an impact than the likes of Pozo and Ambrose at this stage.

JonnyBoi said:
I'd definitely give him a start against Middlesbrough in the cup. What harm could there be in putting him in ahead of Navas for that game? Keep quality players like Silva, Fernandinho, etc. in there but gamble with Barker. I don't see that being detrimental to our performance with either Zabaleta or Clichy behind him (depending on which side you put him on).

If he has a bad game, he has a bad game. So what! Patience will pay off with this kid.

I also think he'd have more of an impact than the likes of Pozo and Ambrose at this stage.
I agree, it's not like a mistake will cost us like it would with a centre back or keeper.

My team for Boro:

Willy
Sagna Demi Boyata Kolarov
Lamps Fernando
Milner Jovetic Barker
Dzeko

Hart, Angelino, Kompany, Dinho, Silva, Aguero, Pozo

JonnyBoi said:

completely agree its not gonna hurt us by playing him. Why not give him a chance ?

Don't think he's fit enough to start a game, as you don't want to start a player who probably can't make it through the 90 minutes, but there's no real reason why he couldn't be on the bench. I think he could have a great time coming on against some tired legs

Wouldn't start him, as that's a massive ask! But against tired legs in the last 10 mins? Definitely!!

i doubt he would get on unless we were winning 4 or 5-0.

we've seen this so many times, watford, blackpool, wigan, newcastle, sheffield. we start with our backups and end up having to substitute them for the starters. makes it unlikely for any eds player to get time if on bench

Problem with not starting him is that he won't get on. We'll be losing and need the big guns off the bench. That's how we usually roll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.