Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barkers goal was unbelievable, he made a few other good runs and passes, but apart from that his influence was mainly just offering us width to stretch the play.

He is one of those players who might not do anything for ages and then bang he comes up with the goods.

He missed a one on one that I thought he should have slotted away.

Again, like I said earlier, if he carries on performing and scoring regularly I think he will outgrow EDS football by the end of the season and will need to go out on loan as well as bulking himself up.

Technically he is good enough, but he is way off physically.

sam-caddick said:
Barkers goal was unbelievable, he made a few other good runs and passes, but apart from that his influence was mainly just offering us width to stretch the play.

He is one of those players who might not do anything for ages and then bang he comes up with the goods.

Again, like I said earlier, if he carries on performing and scoring regularly I think he will outgrow EDS football by the end of the season and will need to go out on loan as well as bulking himself up.

For a wide player ? Nah. He will get bigger & stronger but he is already ahead of many such players when they started at the top level.

He has pace, & can go both sides of a fullback, cross/shoot with both feet & he can play a pass from deep, great first touch, decent in the air, intelligent & is willing to track back.

Loads of lesser players than that have played Premier League football for top 4 clubs.

Neville Kneville said:
sam-caddick said:

For a wide player ? Nah. He will get bigger & stronger but he is already ahead of many such players when they started at the top level.

He has pace, & can go both sides of a fullback, cross/shoot with both feet & he can play a pass from deep, great first touch, decent in the air, intelligent & is willing to track back.

Loads of lesser players than that have played Premier League football for top 4 clubs.

Senior fullbacks will just bully him at the moment, Kyle Walker had him in his pocket in an u21 game the other month whilst he was coming back from injury to get back in the Spurs team.

He is worth giving game time to in a cup game but he isn't ready for us yet.

He looks very talented. But PL defenders wouldnt give him anything like as easy a ride as the Chelsea defenders. There were some very skilfull players on display yesterday but the standard of defending was a million miles away from PL levels. No doubt a loan spell will figure in our plans for him.

Great talent and what impresses me the most about the lad is the power in is shooting with either foot.

Manchester_lalala said:
There's something about his game that reminds me of arjen robben. Hopefully makes it at city, would be shame if our best prospect doesn't get a look in.

He's one of a number of 'best prospects' who will all be afforded a look in if they are good enough.

Pellegrini wants to intergrate them otherwise he wouldn't be attending their games or involving them in first team training and the occasional first team squad.

We need to be patient,when,and if.......the time is right,they will play.

Manchester_lalala said:
There's something about his game that reminds me of arjen robben. Hopefully makes it at city, would be shame if our best prospect doesn't get a look in.

I thought this when watching the game last night (bar the diving). Was really impressed with his display ! I have watched him in highlights are fair few times but last night was the first time watching him live. I really hope we can keep developing him and get him ready for the first team, I agree with others a loan move to championship/league 1 would be great to see how he fairs.

Just love the way he runs at players, something we rarely see in our first team and that would give us a different dimension.

Last night was the first time I have seen this chap play. Thought he was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.