Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
Maybe not as fast or 'wispy' but definite similarities in their style and directness,and returning to the physique debate,which i'm utterly unconcerned about........Brandon looks far more powerful than Giggs ever did.

With regard to speed I heard from a very reliable source that Barker is quicker than Navas who is supposed to be our quickest player.

If that was true then I would still prefer Navas.

Currently the experience of Navas added to his excellent work ethic and defensive work makes Navas of greater value for the team I would accept. That would not apply to any friendly game we have or FA Cup game against lower opposition or indeed any game where defensive qualities for an attacking player were not seen as important for us to win.

Mister Appointment said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
sam-caddick said:
Possibly, but if Stuart Gray was down at the academy last night watching Brandon he must be looking at him with the potential of playing him I would have thought.

I reckon City being on BT Sport with Chelsea last Thursday potentially opened up a can of admirers for some of our young lads, apparently 80 scouts were at Hyde last week.

I think technically he is definitely good enough to play professional football, but physically the Championship could be a huge wake up call to Brandon and could potentially knock his confidence back. I would like to see how he fairs against Boro in the cup before making the move because he has only just turned 18 a few months ago.
I'd agree Sam, when I saw Gray at first I thought wow we must have a lot of confidence in Brandon, to send him straight to the Championship. That could've just been a coincidence or he could've been looking at others, but who knows.

You guys seem to know your onions when it comes to the EDS - my question is d'you think Barker could break into the first team squad next season? I'm curious because I've seen him play twice and both times he's looked the best player on the pitch by quite some distance. In terms of his development how far behind Lopes is he for example?
He could definitely break into the first team, but that depends on what you class as breaking in. The club could perhaps prefer him to go out on loan and play week in, week out.
Personally, as others have said I'd like to keep him here and give him game time. But if he was to go to a good size club with guaranteed regular minutes I wouldn't say no.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5XTTtJl0wI[/video]

Sorry for repeat Vid post but needed to embed it as Youtubes blocked at work.

Reminds me of Ross Barkley's goal against us away at Goodison last season!

Think this kid should be kept close to home and not loaned out. The City way of development will be so much more productive to Brandon than a change of style with a different club. Really excited about this lad and he's local and English.

The comparison with Lopes is interesting. If it came to a choice between the two, I would choose Barker. To me he offers more than Lopes as an attacking threat. Defenders have absolutely no idea whether he is going to veer onto his left or right foot, given he can shoot with either.

Reminds me of the early Bale. Fast, tricky, but TWO feet instead of one!

Obviously a very long way to go before he could be considered anywhere close to a player who is lighting up La Liga and scored the winning goal in Copa Del Rey and Champs Lge Final, but he has that directness, trick ones and can clearly score with two feet on the run.

Oh, and being a local lad is simply an added bonus!

Sinclair has been on the bench a lot recently. We all know Sinclair is not good enough for us and never will be. Barker seems to be a very exciting prospect and from what I have seen of him may even offer more than Sinclair could already. Its time to fuck Sinclair off and give Barker that spot on the bench every now and again. Sometimes you have to just take the gamble on the young lads and Barker looks like the type of player who is worth taking that risk for

depps said:
Sinclair has been on the bench a lot recently. We all know Sinclair is not good enough for us and never will be. Barker seems to be a very exciting prospect and from what I have seen of him may even offer more than Sinclair could already. Its time to fuck Sinclair off and give Barker that spot on the bench every now and again. Sometimes you have to just take the gamble on the young lads and Barker looks like the type of player who is worth taking that risk for

Agree and what you want Is to play a youngster when they are in the best form of there young career

depps said:

I'd probably agree with this, but the people in charge of the youth players development will most likely have a plan on what to do with the youth players. When the time is right, barker will get a chance. Got to have faith in the management, seeing as they developed world class players at barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.