Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I would have one spot on the subs bench set aside for a youth team player, not just for the sake of it but beacause there are a few players now who should be pushing for a spot. If we are winning then give them 15 minutes, show them there is a real chance to break through. Wet there appetite and ease them in, in the next 18 months we could be looking at Pozo, Lopez, Barker, Angelino Ambrose, Ineheco or however you spell it all getting game time. Not saying first team starters but making regular substitute apearances initially. Shjow people that the academy is starting to bear fruit. Some of the guys may not make it but as the rags and Chelsea have found you can get good money for young players who have just missed out on playing for the champions.
myself I think they are going to come good.

abu13 said:
For me I would have one spot on the subs bench set aside for a youth team player, not just for the sake of it but beacause there are a few players now who should be pushing for a spot. If we are winning then give them 15 minutes, show them there is a real chance to break through. Wet there appetite and ease them in, in the next 18 months we could be looking at Pozo, Lopez, Barker, Angelino Ambrose, Ineheco or however you spell it all getting game time. Not saying first team starters but making regular substitute apearances initially. Shjow people that the academy is starting to bear fruit. Some of the guys may not make it but as the rags and Chelsea have found you can get good money for young players who have just missed out on playing for the champions.
myself I think they are going to come good.

Think the premiership need to change the rules that every club should have at least 1 player from the youth team as a sub

Imagine if every club could have an extra 3 places on the bench for players from the youth set up. Naturally you would have to find a way to make sure they're just not expensive eighteen year old new signings but that would be possible. Stipulations could be that they've trained with the club for over a year before the age of 18 or something like that. It'd be great though - could even stipulate that one has to be English. So many would be getting chances week in week out

Yeah great idea they brought in 7 subs because they thought clubs would put young/youth players on the bench! It never happened, there needs to be rules to make clubs do it!

Bluewonder said:
Hasn't been picked today for the U18s....

He is an EDS player anyway, he was just eligible to play in the FA Youth Cup the other night because Wilcox is trying to win it going off his comments pre-season, he will want his best players possible.

sam-caddick said:
Bluewonder said:
Hasn't been picked today for the U18s....

He is an EDS player anyway, he was just eligible to play in the FA Youth Cup the other night because Wilcox is trying to win it going off his comments pre-season, he will want his best players possible.

Nah, it's cos he's starting against Arsenal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.