Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester_lalala said:
depps said:
Sinclair has been on the bench a lot recently. We all know Sinclair is not good enough for us and never will be. Barker seems to be a very exciting prospect and from what I have seen of him may even offer more than Sinclair could already. Its time to fuck Sinclair off and give Barker that spot on the bench every now and again. Sometimes you have to just take the gamble on the young lads and Barker looks like the type of player who is worth taking that risk for

I'd probably agree with this, but the people in charge of the youth players development will most likely have a plan on what to do with the youth players. When the time is right, barker will get a chance. Got to have faith in the management, seeing as they developed world class players at barca.

I'm sure they do have a plan but as Waspish says above the kid is in great form, and a lot of the time whether you make it in football or not can be down to getting the right breaks at the right time. Barker seems to have the right momentum (probably not the right word but you'll get what I mean) behind him at the moment and development plans need to be able to adapt to take advantage of that.

I don't think we can let Barker go anywhere on loan. City have been constantly criticised by all circles in regards to the lack of English players, ruining the careers of Adam Johnson, Jack Rodwell and even Micah Richards (no one seemed to realise he was always injured).

Our new academy has opened and it's received a lot of praise, but question marks remain on whether it will actually fulfil its potential.

Lopes, Pozo etc are brilliant players but to the outside world they're just another couple of foreign players City have bought at a young age. Many might say who cares what others think, but if the academy is to truly work it has to have a player like Barker succeeding. A local lad who has come through the academy into the first team. It will help attract talent from all over the world and give young players the faith that they can succeed.

There's also nothing better than a local lad, especially one that plays an attacking role like Barker, playing for the first team and entertaining the crowd. He'll get his confidence from the fans. It happened with SWP and Barker is a far better prospect.

supercity88 said:
I don't think we can let Barker go anywhere on loan. City have been constantly criticised by all circles in regards to the lack of English players, ruining the careers of Adam Johnson, Jack Rodwell and even Micah Richards (no one seemed to realise he was always injured).

Our new academy has opened and it's received a lot of praise, but question marks remain on whether it will actually fulfil its potential.

Lopes, Pozo etc are brilliant players but to the outside world they're just another couple of foreign players City have bought at a young age. Many might say who cares what others think, but if the academy is to truly work it has to have a player like Barker succeeding. A local lad who has come through the academy into the first team. It will help attract talent from all over the world and give young players the faith that they can succeed.

There's also nothing better than a local lad, especially one that plays an attacking role like Barker, playing for the first team and entertaining the crowd. He'll get his confidence from the fans. It happened with SWP and Barker is a far better prospect.
You can count me in...

Does anyone know at what age level his brother plays at, at City?

supercity88 said:

Agree. Barker is a really exciting player and we must hope that he makes the first team. Surely, that would be exactly what the academy is supposed to do. Find and nuture young players so that they become regulars in the first team. Especially so since he's not only English but also local.

I would hope he will get his chance in the upcoming game against boro with the amount of question marks over the squad we have.

pelligrini has to start showing faith in youth players

Since he has been here hardly any youth players have been given a chance. Barcelona have proved that if you groom players they can make the step up (pedro, busquetes, xavi) IF THEY ARE TALENTED.

I would like to see this lad get a chance in the fa cup game...especially with toure and some of the first teamers injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.