Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ColinLee said:
without a dream said:
Bluewonder said:
Hasn't been picked today for the U18s....

Yeah because he'll be playing tomorrow!

For the u19s
U21s actually vs Schalke in the U21 International Premier League competition.

Fair enough, I thought it was the UEFA Youth League, we drew Schalke in that, but that's next month.

without a dream said:
ColinLee said:
without a dream said:
Yeah because he'll be playing tomorrow!

For the u19s
U21s actually vs Schalke in the U21 International Premier League competition.

Fair enough, I thought it was the UEFA Youth League, we drew Schalke in that, but that's next month.
Ha, I'd forgotten we had them again in the CL youth comp.

Barker has to play vs boro after his performances this season and the shite today. He could offer us a completely new dimension.

g180aj said:
Barker has to play vs boro after his performances this season and the shite today. He could offer us a completely new dimension.

I think it could give the whole club and squad a lift to have a young player really make an impact and he seems to be the leading candidate.

If he's not in the squad v boro I'll be very disappointed and wondering what an academy player has to do to earn a chance. I think a lot of Blues will feel the same.

I have to agree.

Our play is currently very predictable,it lacks creativity and directness,we need a spark....a new dimension,its the perfect opportunity and this lad could be just the tonic

Have said the same today.
Three of our six outfield subs were defenders.
One of the EDS should have been on the bench. A potential game changer. Someone the oppositions don't know.

g180aj said:

He should. He won't.

Damocles said:
g180aj said:

He should. He won't.

I do have a feeling that unless we are 2 or 3-0 up against Boro' none of the EDS players will play.

Manuel has to beat Boro because his career at City could possibly be determined in that Chelsea game if we are knocked out, lose both and we are relying on a win against Barcelona to save our season.

sam-caddick said:
Damocles said:
g180aj said:

He should. He won't.

I do have a feeling that unless we are 2 or 3-0 up against Boro' none of the EDS players will play.

Manuel has to beat Boro because his career at City could possibly be determined in that Chelsea game if we are knocked out, lose both and we are relying on a win against Barcelona to save our season.
If we can't beat Boro with Barker playing for half an hour then we may as well give the game away.

Having said that it's hard to predict Manuel's thoughts on the matter. A lot may turn on how he shapes up this week with the other EDS starlets. If he and/or Ambrose or Celina really impress the boss, then one of them may get some game time.

I personally would love nothing more than Barker getting a run against Boro. Apart from sending a positive message to all the young players that there is a way through if they work hard enough, it would also be great for the morale of the team and the fans to have a hugely talented local lad on display.

What has been a difficult time after the Arsenal game would quickly melt away if Barker scythed through the Boro defence on one of his trademark runs.

So fingers crossed it works out. I know what you are saying Damo, but I remain optimistic that Pellers will give him a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.