Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanBishopsHaircut said:
g180aj said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Thought Barker was brilliant yesterday

That Angelino at number 3 had a great game too

Didn't go myself but the lads near me said barker was the clear motm with ntcham second and Angeleno and ambrose played very well too.
As a few of the lads have gone to Abu dhabi with the first team for the friendly I think it could be an great chance to test them to see if they could do a job vs boro, all should get half a game for me otherwise why take them.

Ambrose was fantastic first half but then completely ran out of steam in the second and was largely anonymous...to be fair though he ran himself ragged in the first 45

Sounds like it would make sense to give him a chance from the subs bench, let him have 20 minutes at a time. At least he would run around and look interested. More than Dzeko does.

Saw the 1st half and Brandon was quiet on the whole.

However, I am sure that was because he was probably not wanting to make errors so played the ball safely. It didn't help that it took about 15 minutes for him to get a pass. They seemed to play mainly down the right in the 1st half, which didn't help him get involved much.

I am sure it would have been good experience for him and I would still put him on the bench on Saturday.

With an ego like Kolarov ignoring him and preferring more difficult passes when Brandon was in space, it's no wonder he did so little. His confidence would have been hit early on by Kolarov refusing to even look his way when the easy pass was there. At one point Barker was just waiting to run into space, possibly into a one-on-one situation, yet Kolarov passed to the right. Similar to what we've seen in the past when Rekik (as a left-back vs. Reading) and Pozo played. How are these kids going to develop in the first team if the players show no trust in them? At least Evans was allowed to touch the ball, probably because he played deeper and in more space.

LoveCity said:
With an ego like Kolarov ignoring him and preferring more difficult passes when Brandon was in space, it's no wonder he did so little. His confidence would have been hit early on by Kolarov refusing to even look his way when the easy pass was there. At one point Barker was just waiting to run into space, possibly into a one-on-one situation, yet Kolarov passed to the right. Similar to what we've seen in the past when Rekik (as a left-back vs. Reading) and Pozo played. How are these kids going to develop in the first team if the players show no trust in them? At least Evans was allowed to touch the ball, probably because he played deeper and in more space.
That's the manager's job. IF i was manager i would of given Kolarov a bollocking for not giving him ball.

LoveCity said:

that annoyed me so much the amount of times he was in space and Kolarov didn't even look at him. Id tell kolarov to grow up and trust the players around him.

According to Alan Nixon (writes for The Sun but is pretty good for lower league stuff), Bolton have wanted him on loan but City already see him as close to first team squad while helping the U21s.

I think Barker did fine. Couple of nervous fuckups, couple of failed take ons, couple of nice defence opening passes. Played it safe most of the time & just did a job, but that's what happens sometimes when kids have never had a kick at first team level. If he'd played a few mins here & there, he would have more confidence to try stuff & perhaps people like Kolarov would pass to him.

Kolarov was a total wanker who only really gave him the ball when he was stuck next to the touchline marked. His level of passing & movement, is far below the level of our kids. They are much sharper & more inventive. He is just stronger & kicks the ball hard.

LoveCity said:
According to Alan Nixon (writes for The Sun but is pretty good for lower league stuff), Bolton have wanted him on loan but City already see him as close to first team squad while helping the U21s.
After that performance, a month on loan somewhere like Fofana started on might not be the worst idea, just to get used to playing senior football and get rid of the nerves and give him the chance to come back and attack the rest of the run in for us. He needs the confidence and belief to play his nautral, decisive, direct game if he wants to be of use as an impact sub for us, which means losing that fear of messing up that he seemed to have today. He's the sort of player who's going to give the ball away a lot, so he can't worry about it. I'd of love to have seen him properly run at someone, it would of done him the world of good.

LoveCity said:

I would let him see out the season with the EDS and challenge for the UEFA Youtj League, U21 Premier League and FA Youth Cup, along with him hopefully getting a few games in the FA Cup.

I would consider a loan next season though, he needs to be playing week in week out to really develop, either that or we put confidence in him and let him play in the Premier League next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.