Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't happen because Pellegrini isn't interested, but what the club should do now is involve Brandon with the first team over the Christmas period and show him that we do actually appreciate his talent and value him as an proper asset moving forward. He's destined for another loan in January and hopefully it'll be one that will allow him to flourish, but it's about time a bit of meritocracy is applied with him.

Garcia and Pozo have done absolutely nothing to warrant the faith Pellegrini has shown in them in the past 18 months while completely overlooking Barker. He's physically better suited to this league than any of our brightest young attacking talents, Brahim and Roberts included; he's potentially an Henry/Bale-type, gliding in from wide, beating men for fun and utilising his brilliant ability to finish with either foot. If we manage him properly over the next few years he could become our best player, but it has to start now.

Another thing that's important with him in the unlikely event he gets a look in this season is position; if we're playing a 4-4-2 he'd be better suited to second striker role rather than as an orthodox wide player.
He can't speak Spanish, that's why!;)

He can't speak Spanish, that's why!;)

Tell him to put a serious shift in, whatever happens this season & make sure to catch the eye of Pep or whoever takes over, that he's willing to put in the hard yards.

Pep's English is fucking good & he isn't averse to using young players. But Brandon will have to press like fuck when we lose the ball or he'll be out of favour. I recon if he puts the work in, once this old fucker has gone, he'll get some game time.

Garcia and Pozo have done absolutely nothing to warrant the faith Pellegrini has shown in them in the past 18 months while completely overlooking Barker.
Pozo was sold last summer to Almeria.

Wheres hes done sweet F*ck All since. Although to be fair to the lad, still so young!
He's a talented player all in all, and we should've make more out of him even though he had a bad spell during the 2nd half of the season. It's a shame that City didn't renew his contract with loaning Pozo out and sold him instead.

Pozo was sold last summer to Almeria.

I'm referring to the point last autumn/winter where Barker was on fire for the EDS and Pozo was anonymous yet still got the first team nod.

According to twosips he had an outstanding game today v Liverpool. I would love Pellers to give him a chance. Like Celina, I'm sure he wouldn't let us down,

he deserves a chance now hopefully against chelsea in the cup. He just needs the chance to show how good he is - come on pelle !

I said on twitter but its only his head that lets him down imo,he lets it drop occasionally and maybe doesn't quite yet believe in himself.His talent isn't in question,he could be brilliant.Today he showed why the fuss should be made of him.....his link play,vision,speed and tenacity was there for all to see - needs,and deserves.... his chance

He deserves to get some minutes on both his form and the team's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.