Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Think we'd have been pissed off with Brentford's performance if they'd done that at Anfield. Playing pretty well but then gifting two goals away like that.

The reason I get pissed off is because I am trying to watch a football match and with 10 minutes I am up and down like I yoyo as people want to get passed. It is spoiling my enjoyment of the game. The Fulham I must have missed about ten minutes with people leaving blocking my view etc.

Can you imagine people doing that in the cinema lol
They are probably in Chicago watching on the TV

I wonder if they would comment if someone was up and down blocking the TV screen

I left on 85 mins to avoid the big rush at the end.

Mainly as I had to trek about 10 miles to the stupid bag drop off shit as I had the audacity to have my work bag with my laptop etc in, on a midweek game.

5 fucking quid as well. Thieving cunts. A Swales-esque scam if ever I saw one.

Hope that’s ok with the “is there a fire drill” police.

Frankly I couldn’t give a toss if people leave after the second minute. It’s none of my business.

Brentford made it very difficult but I knew within 5 mins of KO that it was going to be a long night. We did not have any intensity in our game and the speed of passing was not good enough. There are defensive mistakes which a team exploits and there are gifts. City were literally gifted both goals by Brentford.

We should count ourselves lucky this morning. We got 3 easy points when we played a bad game. I don't really care what Pep says about the game. Nothing pep says should be taken seriously.
Do you remember Pep’s quotes after the away game v Brentford though? We played similarly slow and he revealed it was by design as “if we attack too quickly, they attack us even quicker in return”. I would assume he had the exact same game plan today, since in both games he even played a centre back at full back when Zinchenko was available. Last time it was Ake. So the tempo I’m not worried about. The sloppy passing and poor first touches, that were a little more frequent than normal, are the only slight concern for me. Let’s hope it’s just post-break rust.

Think we'd have been pissed off with Brentford's performance if they'd done that at Anfield. Playing pretty well but then gifting two goals away like that.
They weren’t gifts. They were the result of relentless pressure, particularly the second. It’s very difficult to concentrate and be faultless when you are being smothered.

Struck again that the press is full of praise for our controlled, patient and professional performance and I log on here and the team has been ripped to shreds. So much for media bias that never gives us any praise, eh?

As for the match, I thought they came with a plan and defended really, really well, and while the passing might have been a touch quicker that was about as routine as we get. Bigger tests and bigger matches to come, but I never really doubted we'd get a breakthrough.

They weren’t gifts. They were the result of relentless pressure, particularly the second. It’s very difficult to concentrate and be faultless when you are being smothered.
Raz and Bernie doubling up on a player as they try get out, and then Raz doing someone for pace when they come away with the ball! Hardly a gift! That's what we praise those two players for constantly, and while Raz always has it in him to miss a sitter that is why Pep still plays him!

I left on 85 mins to avoid the big rush at the end.

Mainly as I had to trek about 10 miles to the stupid bag drop off shit as I had the audacity to have my work bag with my laptop etc in, on a midweek game.

5 fucking quid as well. Thieving cunts. A Swales-esque scam if ever I saw one.

Hope that’s ok with the “is there a fire drill” police.

Frankly I couldn’t give a toss if people leave after the second minute. It’s none of my business.
Why comment then

You obviously do give a toss

But we wouldn't see it this way if Liverpool had scored the exact goals we'd scored last night.

"Stupid Brentford defender, just stay on your feet, don't give Salah the chance to dive!"
"Stupid goalkeeper, just passing it straight to Salah, teams never do that for us!"

etc. etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.