Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

He has been below par for a long time now.The truth is,while he can still offer moments of brilliance,he doesnt have the strength,pace,or the engine he previously did,and we will never again see the player he once was.
I have a horrible feeling including him in our 'best' 11 may also prevent us winning the amount of trophies we otherwise would.
His fitness in the last few games has been as good as it ever was.

First part of the season he was at 3/4 pace but he seems to me to be very close to his best physically now. His football wasn't at his best last night but the fitness problems seem to me to be gone for now or he has found a way to manage them.

He has been below par for a long time now.The truth is,while he can still offer moments of brilliance,he doesnt have the strength,pace,or the engine he previously did,and we will never again see the player he once was.
I have a horrible feeling including him in our 'best' 11 may also prevent us winning the amount of trophies we otherwise would.
Just this really. For me, our best 11 would have a midfield 3 of Gundo, Bernie and Rodri. If he gets in anywhere it’s as a false 9. And Sterling doesn’t get into the Cup team!!

His fitness in the last few games has been as good as it ever was.

First part of the season he was at 3/4 pace but he seems to me to be very close to his best physically now. His football wasn't at his best last night but the fitness problems seem to me to be gone for now or he has found a way to manage them.
I don't agree.He has improved but he is still awkward and lacking the mobility he previously had.He is far easier to brush off the ball and can struggle to recover when players go past him.

We always seem to play slow passing in the early part of games against this tactical defensive mindset, it must be part of what is being asked of them. I am expecting Brentford to have no energy in there next game as it must be really tiring being moved from side to side all game and only 24% possession

I do think with a natural centre-forward we would have much more success than playing a false nine in these type of games. Foden is always looking to drop off as that is his natural game.

I would like Delap to be given a start at Norwich, since we have Sporting on Tuesday, that might well be the case
You could play a team riding milk floats if the passing is slow and still get nowhere. The pace of the pass is what does for teams whose only attribute is athleticism, and whose only ambition is to frustrate and suffocate their half with bodies It's a big fuckin' pitch and the sooner you shift the ball the sooner the opposition get caught out. We do the 'patience' thing for too long. Had we not been 'gifted' those instances last night, where would the goal have come from? We need to score early in the games so that the bus parking, and, yet again, goalies pissing on the cash I've scraped together for a ticket to watch 90mins of football are both in vain. City players acting as ball boys, and then Brentford players taking over ball-boy duties. As long as the refs' watches show 45 mins they couldn't give a tuppeny fuck how many minutes of play are experienced.

He played a massive part in both goals. It's so fucking tedious seeing the same posters constantly criticise the same players.
He made a great run into the box then dived to win the penalty.And while he pressed well for the 2nd,he couldn't have done more to make a mess of it.

It's so tedius seeing the same posters blowing undeserved smoke up his arse.

He made a great run into the box then dived to win the penalty.And while he pressed well for the 2nd,he couldn't have done more to make a mess of it.

It's so tedius seeing the same posters blowing undeserved smoke up his arse.
The reaction from the Brentford players indicated as clear as fuckin' day the poor bastard had cleaned him out, penal offence, blatant trip, and the ref, perfectly postioned, had no hesitation at awarding the pen. And no ten min scrutiny from the jackasses in the VAR shed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.