Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

He has been below par for a long time now.The truth is,while he can still offer moments of brilliance,he doesnt have the strength,pace,or the engine he previously did,and we will never again see the player he once was.
I have a horrible feeling including him in our 'best' 11 may also prevent us winning the amount of trophies we otherwise would.
It’s a good point. His decline is exaggerated and premature but his consistency is a concern. At the moment, I agree the team functions to a higher standard when he is not selected. Ball retention drops but we lack the killer instinct when he is not on the field. I have a feeling that we will be debating this issue a lot more before the season ends.

I thought it was a very good, very professional performance last night. Everyone contributed and made it look quite simple really. Sterling was excellent in the first half but seemed to fade a bit in the second. Definitely a pen and no way was that a dive. Stones and Cancelo were the best two. Foden and Bernardo although not at their scintillating best still kept the ball moving and showed for the ball. De Bruyne did well. Tried to force the issue a bit too early but still a good game.

Game management from the team was well executed and very rarely troubled.
Some have said that it can look a bit slow at times and passing sideways and backwards is a problem. It’s really not. Moving it from side to side. Moving their midfield and back line. Keep them shuffling and eventually you will find a gap or opening. Only needs a little switch off or someone not picking up a man or closing the space then bang we are in.

Nothing wrong with anything from last night in my eyes.

Up the blues.

“Brentford, Brentford, Brentford”

The plucky underdog stuck in, never let the heads go down……

Yeah and they also got beat 2-0.

Classic BT tonight who will do anything but talk about just how fucking good we are.
Apart from keown and the commentator who did it throughout the whole game. This selective deafness is a curse.

Some commentators on BT are definitely biased against us these 2 are perfectly fine.

Who the fuck cares?!

Last I checked, the ground wasn’t a prison and people were allowed to come and go as they please.

Now, if they’re in and out all fucking game, that’s a problem, but given a row usually has about, what, 20 seats, and even if you were on the end, that’d mean at most about 8-10 people leaving past you towards the end of the game…IF you ended up alone on the row…and maybe a similar number on the row in front of you, what’s the big fucking deal?

I have no idea why people get so pissed off with other people making their own decisions about their own lives, as long as they’re not actually harming others.
It does look ridiculous though and is shit for the players.

I watched a bit of Brentford as they were promoted last season and they played some really engaging and entertaining stuff. What happened? Their two games against us were awful to watch, last night especially was John/Beck/Dave Bassett-style kick and rush from the 80s.
Thought their left back Henry was very good tbf, didn’t give Mahrez or Sterling much and probably their biggest threat going forward as well. Though playing left of a five possibility helped

They weren’t gifts. They were the result of relentless pressure, particularly the second. It’s very difficult to concentrate and be faultless when you are being smothered.
Agree think of it as a UFC fight

Brentford were on there back getting ground and pounded whilst desperately trying not get choked out or their limbs snapped!

Sterling looked for the contact and knew what he was doing but it was still a pen
dermott classic the ball was running out of play so why tackle him
no it wasnt
thought stones played well tonight even though they targeted him every time he had the ball
was suprised at brentford thought theyd fall over every chance they got but never really had the ball long enough to carry out tactic

Cmon Sterling wasnt that bad. He won us the penalty, most key passes besides kdb, most dribbles, his speed and pressure on the opposition was a big outlet for us. He was better than Bernardo, mahrez, foden last night but the moans are about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.