Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Watched the match..not a pleasant watch..a win is a win though..what I can not comprehend is the issue of parking the bus..what do we as City supporters expect teams to do ?? Roll over ?? They know we are better,they know they can not compete, they know that if they can cling on and make a break they can score. It has happened several times against us, and against the run of play. Put yourselves in the shoes of their manager. I would do the same, wouldn't you ?? The issue we face is that most teams we play against park the bus.When we face teams who do not do this we can become unstuck as not many will take this approach.
No I would come to have a go we are a free hit

Despite pep changing the way most play football or attempt to the pundits still lord bus parking as a great way to play

Ex players from a hundred years ago need to get with it

Not a pretty game but points are ours

No yellow/red cards for either side. Unusual for our matches, for sure. Perhaps unusual for all Prem matches?
I thought their defender deserved a yellow for his body slam on Foden. I also think their forward could have had one for the snide move that dropped Stones.

I can't agree with many of the posts I have just read. This was not a dreadful match to watch and Brentford were well organised, very disciplined and had a perfectly legitimate game plan. They were never negative but intended to defend with numbers and try to hit us on the counter. This is hardly new to us and was tried by others, such as Chelsea. Brentford did it well and it is evidence which supports Pep's contention that the standard in the PL is very high. It is also evidence that City are very, very good. We exercised control through possession and the two goals may have come from errors but they were errors forced by that control and the pressure of our intelligent pressing. So we don't need to pay any kind of lip service to the rag top media and its "boring City" line, even if we blame our opponents. We are a great team and always a pleasure to watch.

Despite pep changing the way most play football or attempt to the pundits still lord bus parking as a great way to play

Ex players from a hundred years ago need to get with it

Not a pretty game but points are ours
How can you expect ex-players from another era to understand Peps football when top players who sign for City say it takes time for them to understand, in spite of being coached on a daily basis?

I can't agree with many of the posts I have just read. This was not a dreadful match to watch and Brentford were well organised, very disciplined and had a perfectly legitimate game plan. They were never negative but intended to defend with numbers and try to hit us on the counter. This is hardly new to us and was tried by others, such as Chelsea. Brentford did it well and it is evidence which supports Pep's contention that the standard in the PL is very high. It is also evidence that City are very, very good. We exercised control through possession and the two goals may have come from errors but they were errors forced by that control and the pressure of our intelligent pressing. So we don't need to pay any kind of lip service to the rag top media and its "boring City" line, even if we blame our opponents. We are a great team and always a pleasure to watch.

You are correct.
The opponents have improved their understanding of how to play v City. In turn Pep has slightly adapted the approach to wear teams down. Just occasionally as in the game v Palace the tactics will work and if they use a blanket defence and a quick break they achieve a result. If they lose at least it is not a hammering.
Some of our fans cannot comprehend the complexity of the Premier league and think the opponents should roll over to make it entertaining(7_0).
Personally enjoy watching it, as much as the Leicester or Fulham games as you do, perhaps we just watch it in a different way to @Fordyboy46 and others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.