Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Watched the match..not a pleasant watch..a win is a win though..what I can not comprehend is the issue of parking the bus..what do we as City supporters expect teams to do ?? Roll over ?? They know we are better,they know they can not compete, they know that if they can cling on and make a break they can score. It has happened several times against us, and against the run of play. Put yourselves in the shoes of their manager. I would do the same, wouldn't you ?? The issue we face is that most teams we play against park the bus.When we face teams who do not do this we can become unstuck as not many will take this approach.

Watched the match..not a pleasant watch..a win is a win though..what I can not comprehend is the issue of parking the bus..what do we as City supporters expect teams to do ?? Roll over ?? They know we are better,they know they can not compete, they know that if they can cling on and make a break they can score. It has happened several times against us, and against the run of play. Put yourselves in the shoes of their manager. I would do the same, wouldn't you ?? The issue we face is that most teams we play against park the bus.When we face teams who do not do this we can become unstuck as not many will take this approach.
Park the bus they lose, don't park the bus, try to play entertaining football that fans appreciate and still lose. Would rather watch us play Fulham every week and we will lose one out 10 than Brentford every week when we will also lose one out of 10. It's painful when only one team is even interested in playing. If it were a boxing match the ref would have stopped it and Brentford's purse would have been withheld. They did exactly the same at their place and lost when we didn't even get into second gear, same last night.

Park the bus they lose, don't park the bus, try to play entertaining football that fans appreciate and still lose. Would rather watch us play Fulham every week and we will lose one out 10 than Brentford every week when we will also lose one out of 10. It's painful when only one team is even interested in playing. If it were a boxing match the ref would have stopped it and Brentford's purse would have been withheld. They did exactly the same at their place and lost when we didn't even get into second gear, same last night.
Hope Fulham take Brentford's place in the PL next year

I hope tonight was not a sign of complacency. You could tell after 5 minutes that this was going to be a long nght.

We will have to be a lot better against Norwich or we will lose
City fanbase as follows

Happy clapper
Optimistic
Balanced
Always on edge
Negative
Never Happy
Complete doom merchant

Marvin:

Even at 2-0 down with just over 10 minutes to play they still had everyone deep behind the ball. Even if they won back possession they still had to go 2/3rds of the length of the pitch for an attempt on our goal. If they had shown some adventure they might have managed to nick a goal and then they had a remote chance of getting a draw. By continuing to defend so deep they reduced our chances of scoring but gave themselves no chance of getting back into the game. Ok so they didn't want to get hammered but what's the difference between a 2-0 defeat and a 3-0 defeat but at least trying to score ?

It’s interesting to contrast the approach taken by teams that want to have a go at us (Fulham, Dippers, one or two of the CL teams) and those that park the bus and hit us on the break (Brentford, United et al). The approaches are very different and each has its time and place. However the outcome is almost the same irrespective. We win.

the fact is quite clear, we are a better team than 99.5% of other teams and as good as the other 0.5%. If we lose it’s usually because of our own performance whilst The other ream executes it’s own game plan pretty much perfectly. If you set aside Peps first season, I cannot think of more than 2 or 3 losses where you can honestly say, ‘we were outplayed by the better team’.

So for me, it matters little how the other team sets up albeit The Fulham approach is far easier on the eye.

Yes but that was a Cup match..do not for one minute think if they come up,are in the bottom three, their approach would be the same..not going to happen. Like you, though, appreciate teams that will attack us..we need to experience that approach more,it will help us in the CL.

No yellow/red cards for either side. Unusual for our matches, for sure. Perhaps unusual for all Prem matches?

A dreadful game to watch as Brentford was double-parked throughout.

Interestingly, Stones had the most touches for our side. Although Stones had a very high pass completion rate, he's not the sort of passer that often creates goal scoring opportunities. I think we could have done better by switching to the left - to Cancelo - much more often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.