Brentford (H) | Post-Match Thread

None of Akanji, Laporte nor Rodri could stop Toney either flicking the ball on or holding the ball up, it’s how they got up the pitch so regularly.

Had Stones not played Toney onside, the goal doesn’t stand even if Akanji misses his header.

I doubt Akanji has ever played many teams that do that in his career.

Brentford used throwback physical tactics as the ref had decided on a high bar for fouls.
Ya, pissed off with this match ref (and the Liverpool one) where these refs decide on their own, instead of having a uniform refereeing standard.

Got to be the worse performance I’ve seen from a City team for 3 years when we we struggling at the back with Garcia and Dinho at CH. We just got away with it last week. Something seriously not right and too much reliance on KDB and Haaland. The full back situation is a joke. Surely got to find a proper full back in the WC and get him signed in Jan to end years on neglect in the full back position

That was disappointing to say the least, we weren’t at it from the beginning and we just looked flat throughout.

I thought it was a mistake to play Gundogan again, he has looked slow this season especially defensively, the opposition just seem to leave him for dead when they attack, and because it sticks Bernardo out on the wing, where he’s wasted. After Gundo missed that sitter in the 2nd half he should’ve been subbed.

Defensively we looked shaky all game and I know Akanji has done really well, but he’s not better than Dias and I was surprised he didn’t start.

We also need a left back, desperately, to get some balance back in the side.

The last few seasons we’ve always had these results at home - Wolves, Leeds, Palace at least twice and now Brentford, so I’m not too worried, just pissed off that we didn’t finish this part of the season with a positive result.

Did anyone notice how many city players haaland flew past to get back in defence for their 2nd goal?? Laporte and rodri jogged back but erling bust a gut too get back..
Unfortunately it led to haaland playing their player onside

We did but he's the source of the problem at the moment, he's not the player he was. He's too slow, can't shoot, can't tackle & hides from the ball. He spent the 90 stood next to Haaland.
You found the source of the problem. Wow.

24 games left. We will see a marked improvement after the World Cup. Arsenal to play twice. Haaland not going. Not worried.

Well fucking hell that was a shit way to sign off for six weeks.
let’s face it, everyone including the fans thought it was turn up and win, I guess that goes with territory of being perennial winners. Some of the players look fucked and a rest won’t do Haaland any harm as he still seems to be carrying an injury. My only gripe was the lack of substitutions , La Porte must have been concussed and should have been taken off, we needed some width so would have brought on Grealish or even FFS, Alvarez looked sharp straight away and should have been brought on earlier, in my opinion.
anyway it’s done. Can’t wait for it to all start again !

So much to work on for this team, we're not as good as the media always portray us to be. We need to find a way to start creating clear cut chances again as they've totally dried up, we need a central attacking midfielder as well as full backs, another Merlin who can unlock defences, who is out there heaven only knows.
This squad is still not complete

Sometimes we stumble on the correct personal and pep will revert back to the main goal which is to keep possession. I hope the break will give him time to look at the approach and modify were needed. This obsession with trying to pass into a packed pen box is madness without a Dave silva on the pitch. Our quality of passing in the opposition box is crap and has been now for a while. Possession madness with no end result.
Yes I am hoping he does this over the break too. A little holiday and a reassessment of our approach.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.