Brian Horton

Brian was a seriously under-rated footballer too, the lynch-pin of Port Vale and then more famously Brighton and Luton Town's midfield, leading the latter pair to various promotions as an inspirational skipper and carrying this on when they were punching above their weight in Division 1. Got Hull promotion too in his first season as player-manager!

I can remember travelling to watch City play Coventry on a Friday night god knows why Friday. At the match the universal reactions was Brian Who ? Think his problem was he was Swales last appointment and at had to deal with the " forward with Franny" nonsense. But if I was surprised and a little disappointed by Hortons appointment I was horrified by Balls. He had travelled the country proving he couldn't manage for toffee and I could never understand how he kept getting jobs, I would have been disgusted if he had been appointed manager of Fleetwood neverind City. Think we drew 1 1 with Coventry anyone know why it was Friday or is an old man's memory letting him down again.

I can remember travelling to watch City play Coventry on a Friday night god knows why Friday. At the match the universal reactions was Brian Who ? Think his problem was he was Swales last appointment and at had to deal with the " forward with Franny" nonsense. But if I was surprised and a little disappointed by Hortons appointment I was horrified by Balls. He had travelled the country proving he couldn't manage for toffee and I could never understand how he kept getting jobs, I would have been disgusted if he had been appointed manager of Fleetwood neverind City. Think we drew 1 1 with Coventry anyone know why it was Friday or is an old man's memory letting him down again.
Was live on Sky TV
Yes 1-1 and I recall Sheron getting a very late equaliser.
It was my eldest daughter's first game aged 18 months old.... Headed towards the outside of the Main Stand after the final whistle. Stood safely between two cars watching the ensuing chaos unfold and City fans laying down on the ground as the police on horseback tried to move everyone on

I think most City fans felt Horton was not the manager they expected at that time. Nice bloke, did OK but like bluereid said above, Brian Who ? as I had never heard of him before his appointment.

Was the manager when I first started going. Brought in Beagrie, Walsh and Rosler and for that hes a fucking legend in my eyes. Had us playing some amazing stuff at times. 5-2 against Spurs planted firmly in my mind 25 years on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.