Brian Horton

I'll always remember the night he was appointed. I was in my early teens and we were on holiday in France and I was fully expecting George Graham or Dave Bassett to be named manager. We were definitely going to get someone in who was a Big Name. Of course, City did a "typical City" and went for someone under the radar...

I remember being glued to the radio when the reports came in that we were in talks with Oxford United about their manager. As you can imagine I was gutted!

However, although we struggled, the football we played under Horton was superb at times and with Walsh, Beagrie and Rosler we have some real entertainers.

In all fairness to him, I don't even think Pep could've done much with us in the 90s. We were a basket case but Brian Horton provided us with a lot of good memories.

Happy Birthday Brian, hope you have a good one!

I thought BH was one of our best managers and formed a great team with the lickes of Lomas, Flitcroft, Beagrie, Summerbee, Walsh, Quinn, Rosler etc the 5-2 win over Spurs is still my all time best fixture as it was a game you didn’t want to end, with full entertainment for the whole 90 minutes against a very attacking Spurs side. Needless to say I was disappointed that he was sacrificed for Alan Ball.. happy birthday Brian.

It was a trippy time for me. My dad's Brian Houghton! (Also a lifelong City fan.)

I thought BH was one of our best managers and formed a great team with the lickes of Lomas, Flitcroft, Beagrie, Summerbee, Walsh, Quinn, Rosler etc the 5-2 win over Spurs is still my all time best fixture as it was a game you didn’t want to end, with full entertainment for the whole 90 minutes against a very attacking Spurs side. Needless to say I was disappointed that he was sacrificed for Alan Ball.. happy birthday Brian.
It's quite shocking to think we got rid of Horton to bring in Ball.

Other than Phil Neal, I think Ball was the most depressing manager we had. He was absolutely clueless and if he'd not had a World Cup winners medal I doubt he'd ever become a manager.

We had him at Hale & Altrincham SC the other week - so he's obviously on a bit of a world tour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.