Brighton (A) Post Match thread - Champions!!!

We're totally spoiled aren't we? What a team, congratulations to them all on dealing with the relentless pressure and finishing the job.

Getting back at Euston to be congratulated by Everton, Newcastle, West Ham and Spurs fans was great and then to witness a trainload of Liverpool fans being greeted with laughter topped off the day. They must have left pretty sharpish to be back in London by 8. You'll never walk alone unless of course you finished second and we can't be bothered hanging around

They certainly were - it was much appreciated - he's been a very special player for us over the past 7 1/2 years and the work he does off the pitch in the City is brilliant. A free signing at the age of 31 who ended up making 235 appearances. He's staying in Brighton - I hope the club can find some sort of role for him.

Anyway - good Morning City fans - and I hope you all have the mother of all hangovers.

Firstly - Congratulations - you deserved to win the League - the table never lies. And as for 198 points over two seasons that is a quite incredible achievement. Money can buy great players and individual talent, but that has to be moulded into a team. A team that has the right work ethic and togetherness. Well Done.

I hope those of you who came down to Brighton had a good trip and enjoyed the City. I was out in Brighton on Saturday evening - quite of few City fans out and about. I had a chat with a few - all good lads, some at least (the older ones) who knew a fair bit about our history too and where we have come from.

As for the game - I thought we did OK for 25 minutes - but once it was 2-1 the result was never really in doubt. Big changes in the summer, possibly including the Manager - he's a great man - a class act - but he's just too conservative, even against the lesser sides. Not sure though - sometimes it's a case of being careful for what you wish for.

I stayed for the presentations - as did the vast majority of Brighton fans - thought that was done well too with a good selection of your music/anthems.

Well done, and see you next season!

Cheers.

I was impressed by how many of you guys stayed for the trophy lift.

BTW, I think you need to stick with your manager for now.

Bruno deserved his send off.

Every one of the 4 Premier League titles has felt wonderful and yet different. I didn't think anything could surpass the Aguero moment but If I was forced to have a favourite it was yesterday. The consistent excellence of this squad is just beyond belief. Every aspect of their performance has been unreal from goalkeeper to offence. The whole squad have played their part and everyone has contributed but the standouts for me have been Eddie, Aymeric, Bernardo, Raz and Kun. Special mention for Captain Fantastic Vinnie whose goal on Monday was the title defining special moment.

I didn't have any doubts yesterday even when Liverpool and then Brighton scored. Such is my confidence in this squad. Hats off to Pep and the entire coaching staff who have created an environment which is very special. No cliques, no ego, just brilliant technical footballers who give everything for each other and our beautiful blue shirt. It isn't just the winning of titles, it is how we do it that is so special. Nobody helped us, no dodgy penalties or offside goals given for us, most 50/50 decisions given against us, the entire media wishing for a Liverpool win. Nobody could stop us winning and winning by playing the most beautiful football ever played in this country.

Thank you Pep, thank you Sheik Mansour, thank you to the coaching staff and squad, thank you to all fellow blues who have made the atmosphere at the Etihad the best it has ever been this season. What a time to be a blue and what the hell will the next two seasons bring?

Every one of the 4 Premier League titles has felt wonderful and yet different. I didn't think anything could surpass the Aguero moment but If I was forced to have a favourite it was yesterday. The consistent excellence of this squad is just beyond belief. Every aspect of their performance has been unreal from goalkeeper to offence. The whole squad have played their part and everyone has contributed but the standouts for me have been Eddie, Aymeric, Bernardo, Raz and Kun. Special mention for Captain Fantastic Vinnie whose goal on Monday was the title defining special moment.

I didn't have any doubts yesterday even when Liverpool and then Brighton scored. Such is my confidence in this squad. Hats off to Pep and the entire coaching staff who have created an environment which is very special. No cliques, no ego, just brilliant technical footballers who give everything for each other and our beautiful blue shirt. It isn't just the winning of titles, it is how we do it that is so special. Nobody helped us, no dodgy penalties or offside goals given for us, most 50/50 decisions given against us, the entire media wishing for a Liverpool win. Nobody could stop us winning and winning by playing the most beautiful football ever played in this country.

Thank you Pep, thank you Sheik Mansour, thank you to the coaching staff and squad, thank you to all fellow blues who have made the atmosphere at the Etihad the best it has ever been this season. What a time to be a blue and what the hell will the next two seasons bring?

I'm not crying, I've just got something in my eye...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.