Brighton (A) Post Match thread - Champions!!!

They certainly were - it was much appreciated - he's been a very special player for us over the past 7 1/2 years and the work he does off the pitch in the City is brilliant. A free signing at the age of 31 who ended up making 235 appearances. He's staying in Brighton - I hope the club can find some sort of role for him.

Anyway - good Morning City fans - and I hope you all have the mother of all hangovers.

Firstly - Congratulations - you deserved to win the League - the table never lies. And as for 198 points over two seasons that is a quite incredible achievement. Money can buy great players and individual talent, but that has to be moulded into a team. A team that has the right work ethic and togetherness. Well Done.

I hope those of you who came down to Brighton had a good trip and enjoyed the City. I was out in Brighton on Saturday evening - quite of few City fans out and about. I had a chat with a few - all good lads, some at least (the older ones) who knew a fair bit about our history too and where we have come from.

As for the game - I thought we did OK for 25 minutes - but once it was 2-1 the result was never really in doubt. Big changes in the summer, possibly including the Manager - he's a great man - a class act - but he's just too conservative, even against the lesser sides. Not sure though - sometimes it's a case of being careful for what you wish for.

I stayed for the presentations - as did the vast majority of Brighton fans - thought that was done well too with a good selection of your music/anthems.

Well done, and see you next season!
Nice post good luck for next season PS you were right about your manager , think the timing could of been better as he comes across as a sound bloke

I have a Brighton match-going mate who asked me to post the following:

“Congratulations on your well deserved title. And thank you to the away supporters who, despite the normal banter during the game, showed our small club so much respect after the game. Despite the high of being Champions once again they were silent during Bruno’s interview and applauded our team on our lap of appreciation . Big respect from a Brighton supporter.”

Please tell your Brighton mate that their reception for us, the way they stayed behind to celebrate with us and the respect they showed to our captain VK was fantastic. The number of Brighton fans who were giving me hugs and congratulating me on my way back to the station was unbelievable. I lost count after 10. There was a group of 4 ladies (2 wearing Bruno beards!) standing outside the stadium having a drink, who called me over and were really complimentary not only about the way we stood and applauded Bruno when he was substituted but also our 'stupendous' football! One guy had said to me; 'we were never going to be able to cope with such amazing, surreal football. You've taken the game to another level'. Fantastic fans, pun intended!!

Had an immense afternoon (like everyone I suspect) at the AMEX stadium yesterday - was down on Row C in amongst the over-excited youngsters, f*cking awesome (and somewhat risky) second half in the stands ha ha, even ended up stood on the wall right behind where Raheem, Foden, Pep, La Porte, Kevin and others had their pictures taken with the PL Trophy - f*cking awesome - what a day, what a day!!!!!

Is Pep superstitious, the jacket I mean, it was a cracking day out and he was wearing it (OK maybe not as hot as catalonia) but he removed it immediately after Brighton scored, and I have seen him do this on numerous occasions when we have gone behind or something has gone against us?

Haha typical of our Mackem banter that! ⚽

The first text of congratulations I received was from a Sunderland supporter Marky. He is also always the first person to wish me luck before every match (although he always puts, but you won't need it, you'll beat them easy, doesn't matter who we are playing!) Good luck to Sunderland on Thursday.

What a great day out. Thanks very much to Indaparkside for the lift and Paul D for the Ticket. Come on City.

Also, I found Joe Black’s driving licence on West St. I will post it to him when I get home.

I almost missed my train from Euston with fans of other clubs, no idea which, who were coming up the ramp as I was going down and were shaking my hand, grabbing me to tell me well done, shouting and singing, City best team in the land etc. the security who were trying to keep the lines separate couldn't contain them and they were laughing and smiling as well. I decided to treat myself and upgraded to First Class after that. What a day, what a night. So much goodwill everywhere. :-)

And my day was rounded off perfectly as I went to pay my car parking fee .......................... I bumped into our very own Blue Mooner, the legend that is @Bill and his lovely wife. Brilliant.

Well done, brilliant goals. Plenty of hangovers in Manchester today I bet.

You for winning back to back titles, United trying to commit suicide through ale. Get it right up them.

Heard today a guy mention the money, I bet the **** never mentioned it when it was Utd who had all the cash.

It shows you how much they are hurting. Pricks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.