Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

Didn't look especially knackered to me. No more tired than BHA players. As shown by us taking control after Brighton scored. I would suggest anyone with half a brain would call out the whole 'Pep sitting on his arse' nonsense for what it is.
It amazes me that this isn’t seen as conserving energy, in fact it’s clueless...

That bernie pass to jack on foden‘s goal had a kdb vibe on it . What a fantastic counter .
Tbf “what you talking about willis “ is a good prospect

Strange match, we caught them on the hop 3 times in the 1st half and scored three, with 3 sclaffed finishes after really good moves. Some text book breaks in that 1st half.
Foden outstanding. Ridiculous challenge from Ederson to gift them a penalty, move him to left back since folk think he's such a great passer and get a proper GK in goal. Almost let a shot go under his body as well.
Bernado superb in 1st half too.
2nd half was poor, our midfield had no control and they played really well....not a good combination for us.
Normal service was resumed in the last 10 minutes, once KDB found his feet and we cruised home. Mahrez can finish one on one's as well.

Second half was nothing to do with game management. Potter changed his tactics and went to a diamond formation. Pep admitted he couldn’t get his instructions across to the players during the second half to change it tactically. Difficult during the game he said. Changed when he sent Kev and Mahrez on. Potter got it wrong tactically in the first half, but the sign of a very good manager, that he was able to change it up. Foden and Bernie were superb. Full credit to Jack, was used to be the star in the villa side, but really settled into the team ethic. Did a lot of selfish work yesterday.
Unselfish?

Do we ever sing that?
Your memory is going Vic as you were at several away games when we sang it.
It was sung for a couple of seasons after the takeover then faded as we changed to glorifying our heroes. There was always some slagging of the rags, which is acceptable as they are our local rivals. The song that really pissed me off was the one about Scousers in Ukraine when we'd won three trophies during the previous season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.