Brighton (H) | Post Match Thread

Enjoyed the game overall. Really good result under pressure. We managed to contain Brighton and restricted them to hardly creating any chances. First half we weren't really direct enough going forward, but second half people were taking shots on when they had sight of goal and it paid off. As the saying goes "if you don't shoot you don't score."

Not sure about a previous post talking about panic. There was none whatsoever from the players last night.

Last edited:
What a beautiful day.

Sun is shinning here in Mancland and top of the League.

I think a lot of us thought Brighton might be a potential Banana Skin.

A few Posters get seriously pissed off with negative posters on the Match thread (I am not one :-)).

I think it worth mentioning to younger Blues. Some City fans of a certain age are still suffering from PTSD from our Yo Yo years. It scarred them, in their mind the Sky always has the potential to fall in, because once it really did. Not trying to defend, just educate. If a poster is getting a bit hysterical, he is likely an older Blue having flash backs, and a melt down at his computer :-).

looking forward to Watford i am taking my 2 Grandsons.

What a beautiful day.

Sun is shinning here in Mancland and top of the League.

I think a lot of us thought Brighton might be a potential Banana Skin.

A few Posters get seriously pissed off with negative posters on the Match thread (I am not one :-)).

I think it worth mentioning to younger Blues. Some City fans of a certain age are still suffering from PTSD from our Yo Yo years. It scarred them, in their mind the Sky always has the potential to fall in, because once it really did. Not trying to defend, just educate. If a poster is getting a bit hysterical, he is likely an older Blue having flash backs, and a melt down at his computer :-).

looking forward to Watford i am taking my 2 Grandsons.
Weirdly as the first half was ending I was thinking to myself bets the match thread is going tonto tonight.
Thought Brighton played some nice stuff going forward without looking like scoring in the first half.
Cancelo and Gundogan were as poor as I have seen them.
KDB to think some not so long ago thought he shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet.

Weirdly as the first half was ending I was thinking to myself bets the match thread is going tonto tonight.
Thought Brighton played some nice stuff going forward without looking like scoring in the first half.
Cancelo and Gundogan were as poor as I have seen them.
KDB to think some not so long ago thought he shouldn't be the first name on the team sheet.
Cancello is not as effective as earlier in the season and Gundo is a pale shadow of the lad who was scoring
for fun last season and you can add to that an indifferent Rodri and Foden. But if Kev stays fit and firing we will be hard to stop.

Ruben coming back in was huge, leader of men.

Him, Kev and Bernie, outstanding second half.

Sadly, I don't think we can stick with Gundo in remaining games, he looks a yard short?

Chance to put the pressure back on now and hopefully improve goal difference.

Phew!!
Gundo was running on empty in Madrid. I don’t know if he’s been affected by the rise in fuel costs but he’s not been to fill up the tank since.

I really do not want it to go down to the last day with you lot, 18/19 season I believe was the 18 games won in a row. I went to my first game as a Red in 89-90 which was a shit year for football and last of a really decent side until now but we are competing against arguably the best Premier League side in its history and if you win 4 out of the last five you have to be in the conversation.

Although the second half was better and more direct, that first half (and too often this season when we drop points) it seems to be the same story of passive possession and side to side football. We just pass pass pass and nobody wants to carry the ball or take a man on. Kev visibly stepped up and had to do it yesterday to win us the game with those powerful transitions. It's definitely got worse since the sane aguero sterling days. To caveat all this I guess having a striker to cross to might change this and allow us to take players on more with a purpose to cross, with the ST attracting CB's to leave more space for the wingers. I dunno, I really feel like we're in need of an injection of pace and skill out wide.

Last edited:
I was concerned before the match because, as Pep pointed out, we needed all 3 points and what was not pointed out at all was that Brighton had left Anfield unbeaten. I remember a beautifully sunny day back in August 2019, just after Potter had taken over at Brighton, when they came to the Etihad and lost 4-0, but it was clear to see the new manager was already having an impact. Only 4 of hat Brighton team were involved last night, which is evidence of the work of the manager and they are exceptionally disciplined and well organised as Spurs and Arsenal can testify. Not as talented individually as our lads so they cannot compete with us over a season, but over 90 mins it could be very different and I feared we might be in for such a 90 minutes.

We weren't and I wasn't aware that the team or the fans were half as nervous or tense as our well respected and beloved press make out today. It as an excellent team performance and KdB was simply superb. The two deflected goals were hardly of a kind unseen this century and Phil's effort is always possible in a penalty area where a team has numbers back. The third was a lovely goal. All in all a very satisfying evening. I hope Erling enjoyed it as much and is licking his lips for next season.

Do we ? Or do you mean you do ?

We won 3-0 tonight despite not scoring until 53 minutes ;-)

It could have been 5, 6, or 7 in reality, remember the Leicester game a few years ago, and Vinny, wasn't "early".

Suggest you grow a set.
I like it when you are in beast mode lol. I dont do evening match threads anymore unless perhaps the occassional 5.30pm if it is important , the later ones keep me up too late , they are fun to read back the next day

why was anyone worried ? We had this all the way

Sorry seagulls

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.