Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep has just said they went on elsewhere after the celebrations at the Etihad & drank Manchester dry!

With two finals looming & a chance to create history, why the flying fuck would we want to risk it all for a bleedin piss up, when our season's far from over? :-/
It sounded to me as if Pep said that as a jokey remark rather tongue in cheek. Maybe he has heard something of the silly remarks (imho) stating as a fact that players left behind were too hungover to travel and was laughing about bit.

If our players had been so drunk on Sunday does anyone really think that there would not have been headlines across all the media about it?? The way they treat us they would never let even the slightest, teeniest hint of a City player getting drunk go by! Look at how they crucified Kyle the other week.

Some people are doing the ‘job’ for the stupid biased, Specsavers needing media. I despair sometimes. Our own fans without any proof whatsoever condemning our players! Wow

Last edited:
We need some proper rest after such a tough season. No drinking or fucking about just rest, recovery and ticking over in training. Play the whole second string against Brentford.
Fuck the 2nd string. I would play a squad full of academy lads...

I tend to agree with that, however team harmony and a "piss up" could actually work, that's just as important. It's about team spirit and although not exactly professionalism as you rightly say, there's two weeks to go to the real deal and they'll be over it by then hopefully.
If we don't have the mental fortitude to generate team spirit from coming from 8 points behind Arsenal to win the title with three games to go, there's something seriously wrong with our club.

TWO WEEKS mate! That's all we've gotta wait & then we can drink all the alcohol in the UK, nevermind Manchester!

I just can't fathom why we'd even wanna risk a "They'll be over it by then hopefully", just as we're on the cusp of creating history. Is the mother of all piss ups right now REALLY worth risking all that for?

If we don't have the mental fortitude to generate team spirit from coming from 8 points behind Arsenal to win the title with three games to go, there's something seriously wrong with our club.
Errr we did just that ?

It sounded to me as if Pep said that as a jokey remark rather tongue in cheek. Maybe he has heard something of the silly remarks (imho) stating as a fact that players left behind were too hungover to travel and was laughing about bit.

If our players had been so drunk on Sunday does anyone really think that there would not have been headlines across all the media about it?? The way they treat us they would never let even the slightest, teeniest hint of a City player getting drunk go by! Look at how they crucified Kyle the other week.

Some people are doing the ‘job’ for the stupid biased, Specsavers needing media. I despair sometimes. Our own fans without any proof whatsoever condemning our players! Wow
As always EB, you nailed it.

Fuck me this has got to be a windup.

Did you see the lads tonight? Didn't look hungover to me. The lads back home will have been rested.

What you are really thinking is Grealish has been off his head and it's going to lose us the treble!

We might lose both finals but it will not be down to a few drinks 2-3 weeks before the games.

Bet you were one of those slagging him off for eating pizza in New York after the World Cup rather than training as you thought he had been so shite up to that point. How's his form been since the WC again?
I've never slagged off Grealish once whilst he's been at City, & I've not mentioned him tonight, so why've YOU brought him up?

We're on the cusp of creating history, so why the fuck would we do ANYTHING to jeopardise achieving those goals, when we can all properly let our hair down in two week regardless?

If we behaved professionally & lose both finals, fine. BUT if we lose both finals now after "Drinking all the alcohol in Manchester", are you willing to bet no one will bring up the apparent mother of all piss ups we had two weeks prior to the first of two crucial finals where we could create history?

Are we so hooked on booze we can't contain ourselves for a potentially historic fortnight?

@Cleavers…if you were at a works do tonight I hope you didn’t have too much to drink. You really can’t do that two weeks before you have to support us in two finals you know!! You must abstain until it is all over. I really can’t condone you enjoying yourself!!!! :-) ;-)

Sorry couldn’t resist it. I really must get some sleep. *lol*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.