Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

It's not risking anything 2 weeks before the next (important) game.
You need to go speak to a sports scientist & nutirtionalist then. You'd be shocked to know the damage consuming excess alcohol can cause, how long it takes to get out of your system & how long it takes the body to recover.

Players today are like machines compared to players on the 50s, 60s & 70s because of a better understanding of nutrition & the time it takes for the body to fully recover.

Alcohol is a poison, hence why we get pissed from it, & too much can kill you! Why would we want to risk ANYTHING so close to two pivotal finals? Is it really worth it?

Not injury. Presumably some of them were given a few days off. Good management. The rest he gave minutes to for rhythm and fitness. He’s not going to be blooding kids at this stage particularly because his over riding priority is of course the two cup finals.
Yeah I think Pep is trying to protect against a late mental burnout at this point.

The players drank all the alcohol in Manchester on Sunday night, so presumably weren't in any fit state to travel.

To make matters worse, we've now got unspecified injuries to Foden & Stones... :-/

You are acting like the ultimate mush. Killing our vibe and creating a whole bunch of unnecessary bad mojo. Luckily we're too good to be knocked off our destiny by your way over the top panicking, but you should probably consider banning yourself from the thread for a couple days anyway. It might be good for you and it would definitely be good for the rest of us. Close your eyes. Breath in, breath out. Relax bro...

Fucks sakes mate I’m turning 60 this year and even I‘m only fucked for two days after a piss up.
Sorry, but have you got top level sports to play any time soon?

I'll give you a scenario... Most boxers go into fight training three months before the big night. Most abstain from alcohol & some will go as far as not having sex in the build up.

Now if two weeks before the biggest fight of his life you heard that Tyson Fury had broken from camp & been on the mother of all piss ups & drank Manchester dry, what would you think?

At the highest level, it's unheard of! It's the tiny attention to details that separates the winners from losers, & those at the apex of their sports don't take unnecessary risks.

If your sport of choice was darts, snooker or bowls, then I doubt a proper sesh will make much difference to your performance two days later, but we'll be facing our bitter local rivals & an Italian team who everyone expects to lose, so who'll be seeking EVERY advantage to Bridge the perceived divide in class.

In my opinion, we took Chelsea lightly in our last final & look what happened! I couldn't care less what the players do from June 11th onwards, but until then the least I expect is for us to remain unrelenting in our quest to win the two finals we're in.

It's just two weeks & then everyone can drown in a vat of ale for all I care! :-/

@Cleavers…if you were at a works do tonight I hope you didn’t have too much to drink. You really can’t do that two weeks before you have to support us in two finals you know!! You must abstain until it is all over. I really can’t condone you enjoying yourself!!!! :-) ;-)
I'm working on it, so f*ck Pep ;-)

We had a "team day" which is not really my "thing" if I'm honest, but I actually quite enjoyed the evening out.

After a day of (fairly boring) discussions on workload (I only work part time, so I'm trying to reduce mine further) and talks from other parts of the business, we went for a meal and drinks, and then playing an upmarket "crazy golf".

I was the best of our "team", and though I didn't actually win, (one of my colleagues partners just beat me) I was declared winner, and the 2 of us were the best of everyone in the place all day.

I'm now relaxing at home with a couple more glasses before bed.

I came here to gauge what was going on with tonights game/team etc, and reading (most) comments, I'm not overly concerned.

You need to go speak to a sports scientist & nutirtionalist then. You'd be shocked to know the damage consuming excess alcohol can cause, how long it takes to get out of your system & how long it takes the body to recover.

Players today are like machines compared to players on the 50s, 60s & 70s because of a better understanding of nutrition & the time it takes for the body to fully recover.

Alcohol is a poison, hence why we get pissed from it, & too much can kill you! Why would we want to risk ANYTHING so close to two pivotal finals? Is it really worth it?
Sure you're right on facts but take a break for your own sake mate.
Pep knows exactly what he's doing and what the team needs. Trust him.

There's plenty of time between now and the derby. Let them cut loose. The prem is the big one. Get them back in Friday, some game time on Sunday and get that 11 ready to fucking muller united. We have to play with the intensity of the Madrid game and the fact it's the derby leads me to believe we will. And if we do, we should walk that game.
Mate, we're STILL at work! They'll have plenty of time to cut loose in two weeks... Why can't we all wait until the job is complete? I seriously don't get it... \0/

The stress of the build up toward the two finals is getting to you mate.

Keep in mind we want the players loose going into those games, not sitting on the end of their beds rocking back and fourth becasue they are nervous as heck.
Fella, the stress isn't getting to me in the slightest & won't do until moments before the game kicks off.

We've two weeks until we can all do what the fuck we like, so why take even the smallest risk?

If we achieve our objectives, we can all party like it's the last day on earth from June 11th, so I just don't get why the players were allowed to drink all the alcohol in Manchester days before we've got two huge finals? \0/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.