Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

What point am I missing exactly? It's this simple. After Sunday we had four matches to go, of which two are finals.

Is "Drinking all the alcohol in Manchester" really worth risking us making history for?

I'm sorry fella. If it was me the squad would've had a couple of celebratory drinks & been driven home in taxis & told to report for a warm down the following day.

They can get as fuckin pissed as they like from June 11th 2023 onwards. Up until then I'd expect the upmost in professionalism until the job is complete.

That's what makes the difference between the winners & losers in life. We can have all the talent in the world, but without professional application, we unnecessarily risk falling short.

Is that really worth it because we couldn't delay a title piss up for two weeks?

Do you know when the finals are?

Why mention we drank all the alcohol in Manchester? Connect the dots fella...
So you're putting words into his mouth. You're connecting dots that just aren't there. Other players went out too after the Chelsea game, yet played last night so I'm sure nobody was too pissed to travel.

If the club are happy enough for it to happen (and I'm sure we employ sports' scientists), I have no problem with it. If we lose either (or both) final, it will have nothing to do with players getting pissed two or three weeks previously.

You need to go speak to a sports scientist & nutirtionalist then. You'd be shocked to know the damage consuming excess alcohol can cause, how long it takes to get out of your system & how long it takes the body to recover.

Players today are like machines compared to players on the 50s, 60s & 70s because of a better understanding of nutrition & the time it takes for the body to fully recover.

Alcohol is a poison, hence why we get pissed from it, & too much can kill you! Why would we want to risk ANYTHING so close to two pivotal finals? Is it really worth it?

They weren't all left out because they had drinks though!

Dias was left out because he put salt on his poached lettuce.

They can have all the downtime they like from June 11th onwards & drown in a vat of ale for all I care, but right now we're still at work, & we don't clock off until June 10th. \0/
Bang on. People go on about how little time they have off. I'd love their downtime! However, they're allowed an off day down at Brighton, we'll see how Sunday goes. Brighton are a very, very tough team to play against and we probably should be playing them in the FA Cup final as well.

Half our squad was missing through being too pissed to even travel. If you fully understood the effect booze has at the elite level of sport, you'd be as concerned as I am mate.

At what point of the season could so many players be missing through being too pissed & the club not act? We've got TWO HUGE GAMES looming, so surely our players should be professionally disciplined enough to control themselves for two weeks, whereby they could drink the UK dry, nevermind Manchester, & no one would give a fuck... \0/
Where did you get this "information"? Because it sounds like a conclusion you've convinced yourself of in your head. Obviously it wasn't "half" and those who didn't travel included Dias. He got so pissed he couldn't travel? Really? The guy who treats his body like a temple? I find that extremely unlikely.

And if Dias didn't, why assume the others did? Akanji and Ake are basically angels. I can see why people assume crap about Jack due to past form (although he has gotten drunk in an irresponsible way precisely once since he's been at City, only a few months into being here) but he said himself just after the Chelsea game he was "so tired". So to give him rest for the final two big games seems like an appropriate response. He's been playing Phil's minutes as well as his own for much of the season due to Phil's injuries and surgery.

I get why rival fans want to spread crap about our players on cess pools like Twitter etc, but do we really need to do it ourselves?

EDIT: And no, Pep's tongue-in-cheek comment in his press conference did not imply those who didn't travel didn't do so because they were "too pissed" so to post that clip responding to people is ridiculous. Pep was jokingly referring to the entire squad, most of whom did, in fact, travel and even play.

Last edited:
We agreed not to communicate for the sake of peace on this site, but you & your braindead, know nowt self just can't help it can you?

All we had to do is realise our job isn't over. As the banner someone displayed on Sunday said: "One down, two to go". Why risk it all for a bleedin piss up when we've got two huge fuck off finals on the horizon?

If we lose Foden, Stones & the next three matches, what you gonna say then?

Stop taking everything he says so fucking literally.

We played in first gear last night not because of hangovers but because we could.

World class, finely honed athletes who Pep would fuck off if they ever dared to turn up at work pissed up. We won the league, players went and had a few and had a party and rightly so, it’s called rewarding them through man management, something Pep is fantastic at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.