Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

I feel sure Pep will stick with Otega for the FA Cup, gives me a mild case of the squitters, I think it will be a marginal game and Ortega"s distro could be costly.
Seeing Phil tonight it seems crazy to not start him in the finals, the only option would be Bernie in the middle for Gundo and Phil on the wing. But no Gundo ?, nice dilemma, best leave it to Pep....

Also in the finals, if Ake, Dias and Akanji are nailed on, who plays RB ? Stones or Walker ?
I agree about Phil but I think he'll go for the team that got him there. Hey but at least he doesn't have Sterling to pick which fucked it up against Chelsea in the Champions league final.

i think i must be in a small minority, but i thought the Haaland goal was correctly ruled out, a clear shirt pull in my view! ah well. c'est la vie.

Brighton were excellent, but they played us at a good time, trying to get our heads back to reality after the league win. I expect a lot more from the Brentford game. Our middle was...well it didn't actually exist, so Brighton had a lot of joy there and many players looked jaded or not really present at all. Haaland is fighting well, but needs to find the net with some of these chances, 1 goal in 6 the big useless git!

onwards, Brentford is a great test of where we're at.

Last edited:
I feel sure Pep will stick with Otega for the FA Cup, gives me a mild case of the squitters, I think it will be a marginal game and Ortega"s distro could be costly.
Seeing Phil tonight it seems crazy to not start him in the finals, the only option would be Bernie in the middle for Gundo and Phil on the wing. But no Gundo ?, nice dilemma, best leave it to Pep....

Also in the finals, if Ake, Dias and Akanji are nailed on, who plays RB ? Stones or Walker ?
I would have thought it would be Walker Stones Dias Ake assuming everyone is fit (and sober!)

Were you there? No! BUT as a matter of fact our manager said some of the players went out to continue the celebrations, AFTER the celebrations at the Etihad & they drank Manchester dry!

Three days before a penultimate PL match. Two weeks before the FA Cup final & three weeks before the CL Final.

Are you telling me the mother of all title piss ups couldn't wait 23 days? If we lose the next three match, whatcha gonna say then fella?
Are you actually ok? It’s only football

I would have thought it would be Walker Stones Dias Ake assuming everyone is fit (and sober!)
i think i mist be in a small minority, but i thought the Haaland goal was correctly ruled out, a clear shirt pull in my view! ah well. c'est la vie.

Brighton were excellent, but they played us at a good time, trying to get our heads back to reality after the league win. I expect a lot more from the Brentford game. Our middle was...well it didn't actually exist, so Brighton had a lot of joy there and many players looked jaded or not really present at all. Haaland is fighting well, but needs to find the net with some of these chances, 1 goal in 6 the big useless git!

onwards, Brentford is a great test of where we're at.
I'll take him not scoring again this season as long as we win them last two games.

Arguably the best opposition we have faced in the league by a country mile in terms of the way they play football. We should have been three up in the first half but it is what it is. As for the shirt pull, VAR needs to look at the actions leafing up to it not just the last one by Haaland.

I work in a professional environment. Tell me why the fuck our squad can't contain themselves for TWO WEEKS, when they can drink themselves to death? WTF?

It's about standards & levels. If we were to lose the next three matches, what're you gonna say then? We were just unlucky? \0/

Mate, we're shooting ourselves in the foot because some of our players are prioritising booze over professionalism, when we could possibly be on the cusp of history!

Is risking all of that worth it because we couldn't resist having the mother of all piss ups for TWO WEEKS FFS? :-/
Mate....leave it. What I said was in jest. Enjoy life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.