Brighton & Hove Albion (A) | Post Match Thread

Phil doing his best David Silva impression by literally running rings around Brighton was my personal highlight of the match. Someone has kindly put his best bits together in this tweet:

He looks back to his best. He went through a spell earlier in the season where he seemed reluctant to go past players, maybe he was following instructions in those games, but either way, when he drives forward like this he takes some stopping. Hopefully a good sign for the Finals. He may well start on the bench, but him and Alvarez to call upon could be crucial for us.

That would be my take on it too, and several of those not involved tonight, I'd be doubtful if they went too far on Sunday anyway, and if any of them went so far, that they were unable/unfit to travel to Brighton for tonights match, then they don't deserve a place in any of the upcoming finals (I don't think that will be the case, given the way we have dealt with the last 3-4 months).
Can you see Dias and Laporte getting pissed ? Not a chance Jack, YES

One of the most noticeable things this season is, City play badly against hard working sides, over the last few weeks we have hidden it through Bernardo`s unbelievable hard work, last night he gave up, ran around the pitch fouling players, when he could catch them. The problem being we are a slow side, which shows with Marhez who did not want to work or put a foot in, nothing was created down the right, and their goal comes from a free run from the full back, as far as i can see his only pass forward was to Bernardo under pressure who lost it.

Ortega - 8/10 - made some great saves, couple of wobbly moments with ball at his feet but still looked assured. Nothing he could do about the goal

Walker - 7/10 - kept Mitoma relatively quiet

Stones - 6/10 - looked tired

Rodri - 6/10 - some stray passes

Silva - 6/10 - not his best game for sure, rare he's not a 7+ out of 10

Gundo - 6/10 - wasn't as dangerous as he had been recently. Made some good passes though

KDB - 6/10 - played ok until going off

Mahrez - 4/10 - non existent, another poor game. Looks demotivated. Awful defensively

Foden - 8.5/10 - MOTM, good goal and could've had a couple of assists. Much better in this central mid role. Hope to see more of that next season

Haaland - 7/10 - Keeps getting in those great striker positions, made some good runs, should've been on the scoresheet for sure. Nearly was.
KDB was non existent, don't think he shoul've started at all, Mahrez did at least create the first goal with his pass to Haaland though he was overall average, and I wouldn't give Haaland a 7 due to his missed chances.

KDB was non existent, don't think he shoul've started at all, Mahrez did at least create the first goal with his pass to Haaland though he was overall average, and I wouldn't give Haaland a 7 due to his missed chances.
KDB was better in the first part of the first half, but agreed.

Haaland went from a 6 to 7 because he got into those runs and there's an argument his goal should've stood. Certainly wouldn't be throwing my arms up if everyone agreed he was a 6 however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.