Brighton & Hove Albion (A) - Wed 24th May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure this is ideal. We play much better when we have congestion and momentum - this always shows and why we finish well. It's fine balance between resting and keeping momentum going.

He can rest those who need it across the two games that are now essentially friendlies - but needs to keep them warm, engaged etc..
Absolutely. Need to keep the game rhythm

It's totally irrelevant. Last time I looked we were 7 points clear of Arsenal with a game in hand. We're 18 points clear of third place and 19 points clear of the rags in fourth. We're not breaking any points records we set ourselves, so personally I couldn't care if we finish 20 points ahead of Arsenal or 1, we won the league .All that matters is we keep everybody fit and ticking over. It's a great chance to test our youth and fringe players against decent opposition. Phillips is a great example, after looking awful in his cameo's he looked quite decent on Sunday.
When I saw Phillips in the line up I did think 'oh dear' (or something like that!). Admittedly it wasn't a high pressure game obviously but Chelsea(though a bit shit) do have some decent players and like you, I thought he played pretty well .It was also a shame that he didn't cap it off with that header hitting the net rather than the post, which would have boosted his confidence.
Nobody would claim he is in the same bracket as some of our extremely talented mudfielders .On the other hand I wouldn't say he is a Jack Rodwell or Scott Sinclair either.
These last 2 league games are ideal for him.

When I saw Phillips in the line up I did think 'oh dear' (or something like that!). Admittedly it wasn't a high pressure game obviously but Chelsea(though a bit shit) do have some decent players and like you, I thought he played pretty well .It was also a shame that he didn't cap it off with that header hitting the net rather than the post, which would have boosted his confidence.
Nobody would claim he is in the same bracket as some of our extremely talented mudfielders .On the other hand I wouldn't say he is a Jack Rodwell or Scott Sinclair either.
These last 2 league games are ideal for him.
Mudfielders! That would have been apt for Derby County's farmyard pitch in the 1970s!
Joecm Corrigan can vouch for that!

What time would you suggest for catching a train?
The train ride is only 8 min, however the queing can be 45 min, Southern trains have been a bit of a shit show recently with taking off trains. Personally if it was me i would get the train before 7pm for an 8pm kick off. If you are at Spoons walk up to Churchill square (shopping mall) get to the side of the road thst has M&S and get the bus, anyone thst goes to Universaties, Ringmer,Lewes or Tunbridge wells. Theze take about 40 min to stadium. Just show ur ticket or proof that u are picking it up at Amex and its free travel. You can also get these busses at the Pavillion/Old Steine. Hooe it helps let me know.

@chaddblue there are outside bars by the east stand by the club shop if you dont want to go straight in to the ground, beers inside on concourse as well. You might want to get a loan out as down here beers is approx £5.50 pint. After the game you can go into any of the other stands to have a beer, ur be more than welcome in the North stand, we treat fans as fans. Keep ur backs against the wall though, lol. I thought i would get that in before one of Bluemooners does. Enjoy the day.

@chaddblue there are outside bars by the east stand by the club shop if you dont want to go straight in to the ground, beers inside on concourse as well. You might want to get a loan out as down here beers is approx £5.50 pint. After the game you can go into any of the other stands to have a beer, ur be more than welcome in the North stand, we treat fans as fans. Keep ur backs against the wall though, lol. I thought i would get that in before one of Bluemooners does. Enjoy the day.
Cheers for the post and congratulations on the great season you have had. Must be great watching Brighton at the moment with De Zerbi in charge.

Thanks for all the info mate,....average cost of a pint in centre of Manchester is approx £6-6.50 now,so a cheaper day out down yours.

I'm not sure this is ideal. We play much better when we have congestion and momentum - this always shows and why we finish well. It's fine balance between resting and keeping momentum going.

He can rest those who need it across the two games that are now essentially friendlies - but needs to keep them warm, engaged etc..

I feel like it would make sense to play half the starting XI on Wednesday and half on Sunday.

That way everyone has played a full game either 6 or 9 days before the cup final.

Rest KdB, Bernardo, Grealish, Stones, Walker against Brighton.

Rest Haaland, Dias, Akanji, Gundogan, Rodri on Sunday.

Brighton XI - Ederson, Rico, Dias, Laporte, Akanji, Rodri, Foden, Gundogan, Palmer, Haaland, Mahrez.

Brentford XI - Ortega, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Aké, Phillips, KDB, Bernardo, Foden or Mahrez Grealish, Alvarez.

I feel like it would make sense to play half the starting XI on Wednesday and half on Sunday.

That way everyone has played a full game either 6 or 9 days before the cup final.

Rest KdB, Bernardo, Grealish, Stones, Walker against Brighton.

Rest Haaland, Dias, Akanji, Gundogan, Rodri on Sunday,
Makes complete sense, and I'd agree

Cheers for the post and congratulations on the great season you have had. Must be great watching Brighton at the moment with De Zerbi in charge.
Cheers, yes its been an amazing season, the football under RDZ is amazing. Potter started it, however it seemed that we were passing just for the sake of it. It is suicide football at times with the passing out from the back, but when it works wow. RDZ has learnt from Pep, was not aware how close a friendship they have. Seen ghe pictures of them out at dinner but even the advice Pep gave about taking the Brighton job.

Its how ling we can keep him for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.