Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at some old threads about Hart and his mistakes and even less than 3 years ago, people were calling him out on here.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/joe-hart.288911/page-220

And that's far from the only one.

I don't think this is the issue. I don't think anyone has said Joe was the best at everything ever, nor does anyone really want Bravo or Pep to do anything other than succeed.

For some reason on here there's no middle ground. If you think Bravo is rubbish or was a mistake, you're a Joe lover/don't understand football or are a rag, and if you think Bravo is the bees knees, you're a master tactician/ITK/Pep.

To be fair though this is a bring back Joe thread which as well as being highly unlikely, isn't the answer. If as we go through the season Bravo doesn't seem to be the answer then a decision will need to be made on our keeper, and given his age Bravo wasn't long term anyway, but that answer will not be bring back Joe Hart, and will involve a footballing keeper whether that's Gunn, Rulli or somebody else we'll have to see.

I don't think this is the issue. I don't think anyone has said Joe was the best at everything ever, nor does anyone really want Bravo or Pep to do anything other than succeed.

For some reason on here there's no middle ground. If you think Bravo is rubbish or was a mistake, you're a Joe lover/don't understand football or are a rag, and if you think Bravo is the bees knees, you're a master tactician/ITK/Pep.
If you are going to label both sides of the extreme, you should do so properly.

"If you think Bravo is good, you are a happy clapper"

The problem is that our defensive lapses with a high line lead directly to running shots or one-on-one opportunities against our keeper - the thing that Joe did best and Bravo can barely do at all.
It was actually no different last season, where Joe had to deal with an average of about 1.5 such opportunities every game.
Joe saved (or caused the striker to miss) 2 out of 3 such opportunities by running out quickly, narrowing the angle and making himself big and getting a hand, arm, leg, foot or body on the ball. He generally got somthing on the ball (as per Torino/Juventus on Sunday) even if the ball went in.
Bravo has saved about 1 in 5 such opportunities this season. Frankly he may as well not be there.
Joe had other problems and probably needed to be replaced, but to replace him with a Keeper who is most vulnerable to the very type of chance we will give away is crazy.
I totally agree that Joe was excellent at saving one-on-ones and it is somewhat odd that an experienced keeper playing at the top level, like Bravo, can be seemingly so poor. But it's swings and roundabouts. Joe gave away possession most of the time he had the ball whereas with Bravo we generally keep it.

I totally agree that Joe was excellent at saving one-on-ones and it is somewhat odd that an experienced keeper playing at the top level, like Bravo, can be seemingly so poor. But it's swings and roundabouts. Joe gave away possession most of the time he had the ball whereas with Bravo we generally keep it.
Said this somewhere yesterday, but what I find odd is that since he got sent off he seems to stay back more, before he seemed to be further up and sweeping those balls over the top before they became one on ones.

Probably because Bravo is used to having much better defenders in front of him.

I've been looking at some old threads about Hart and his mistakes and even less than 3 years ago, people were calling him out on here.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/joe-hart.288911/page-220

And that's far from the only one.

Some people, yes, but not all by a long, long way. He's always had a solid core of support.

If you had time to correlate, I bet you'd find largely the same cohorts respectively queuing up to slag him off or bemoaning his banishment.

Harts been in superb form for England lately
How a keeper has become the focal point for starting moves is beyond me,hes a long way fronm the objective which is of course the net at the other end

Do I think one of Harts fantastic saves would galvanise the side in games ,of course it would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.