Bring Back Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I wouldn't advocate bring somebody in who clearly isn't better than what we've already got.

Neither would I, but if you prefer a goalkeeper in the traditional English mould who can only welly it up the field then you need to get in a manager who suits his game.
See to be a frighteningly large number on here who are so blinded by their love for Joe they would back him over our manager.

The thing I don't get is - why are we judging so critically only a third of the way into the season? How quick are we to forget that the guy some are claiming they would take in a heartbeat (the donut thief), had a terrible first season. Shipped 6 goals against us - first time this had happened since 1930! Then shipped 3 in a loss to Blackburn. The criticism for this defeat was purely and simply laid at the keeper's door - nothing to do with bad defending. He was dropped soon after for Anders Lindergaard, and then on his return shipped 3 against Chelsea. Well, there's a lesson to be learnt here folks - they didn't hound him out and they gave him a chance over that first season. How they must be laughing now - because if they'd have 'known' everything about their keeper (as some of us claim to know), they'd be a fuckin' shitload worse off than they are already.

Just a bit of food for though eh?

Yeah same here, just pointing out that he can actually make saves.
I'm hopeful he can and tomorrow i'll get behind him at the game.its just I'm not seeing what he's bringing to the party just now. All I see most of the time when we play it out is a bit of chaos,felt sure we'd get a result at Leicester cos basically they're poor as seen tonight at Bournemouth. What happened we were awful made them look better than they are, I just think the defence has very little faith in what the plan is.

The thing I don't get is - why are we judging so critically only a third of the way into the season? How quick are we to forget that the guy some are claiming they would take in a heartbeat (the donut thief), had a terrible first season. Shipped 6 goals against us - first time this had happened since 1930! Then shipped 3 in a loss to Blackburn. The criticism for this defeat was purely and simply laid at the keeper's door - nothing to do with bad defending. He was dropped soon after for Anders Lindergaard, and then on his return shipped 3 against Chelsea. Well, there's a lesson to be learnt here folks - they didn't hound him out and they gave him a chance over that first season. How they must be laughing now - because if they'd have 'known' everything about their keeper (as some of us claim to know), they'd be a fuckin' shitload worse off than they are already.

I must say I'm impressed with your recollection of all things rag, I don't even remember who they played last week

De Gea was a kid. Bravo is 33.

De Gea was a kid. Bravo is 33.
...and your point is? There are so many ways that could be countered, I'm not gonna even bother. I'll find some straws you can clutch to if it helps.

Neither would I, but if you prefer a goalkeeper in the traditional English mould who can only welly it up the field then you need to get in a manager who suits his game.
See to be a frighteningly large number on here who are so blinded by their love for Joe they would back him over our manager.
I'm indifferent to Hart although he's been our most successful goalkeeper since well just about ever really, don't know whether you went to Leicester but the playing out from the back routine was well sussed by them as I reckon it will be in the premiership cos if you can't vary the way you play it won't work for long. In our last title winning season we shipped 37 goals we're up to 19 now and not scoring at the other end either, if we can't sort it out quickly we'll struggle for top 4.

He faced 193 shots on target over two years at Barca. Hart faced 225 over the same time frame.

Before anyone says it I know, Bravo's saves were all practically back passes and Hart's were all top drawer.
I'm just waiting for someone to admit they're posting stats purely because they didn't actually watch enough of him at Barcelona to form a proper judgement of him - given he only played La Liga games you'd have to be a pretty avid fan to have actually seen enough of him.

Since every shot is different, stats are totally irrelevant. For example, this season I think Bravo and Hart have similar saves/shots ratio, yet there isn't a stat for 'shots that the keeper should have done better with' which is something which Bravo seems to fucking excel in.

People are rightly annoyed by what's happened with him replacing Hart because so far, not only does he look seriously poor at keeping the ball out of his net, he also doesn't really seem to possess the technical ball playing skills many on here assumed he had. He quite literally doesn't even look like an upgrade on Caballero, based on what we have seen from both keepers this season.

...and your point is? There are so many ways that could be countered, I'm not gonna even bother. I'll find some straws you can clutch to if it helps.
How can you not understand what my point is? De Gea was quite clearly nowhere near peaking at such a young age and was clearly being aggressively targeted by the opposition. Bravo has yet to actually really face that kind of pressure, intact he's had little to do yet has still managed to alienate half the fan base. Furthermore Bravo is supposedly at his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.