Bring the Noise

I think that’s a record number of excuses in one sentence lol. There hasn’t been a home atmosphere at the last 3 home games including (Wolves and Atalanta). I can understand if the 1884 guys have given up the ghost for all but the biggest games.its not easy carrying the rest of the stadium!
Not blaming anyone pal just offering a reason for it. For Wolves, same reasons as Villa. For Atalanta, relatively unimportant group stage game against non glamorous opponents in a tournament fast losing its credibility.

We’re no different than anybody else, people are people whoever they support. No team in England except perhaps for Palace and their mindless pretend ultra organised dullness makes much of a noise for routine home games. The demographic has changed, alcohol isn’t as much of a factor, seats, stewarding etc - it all kills the atmosphere except on a few big occasions when the powers that be can’t subdue us because that particular game means so much.

Prices are ridiculous especially for a game like Villa and even though our football is sublime is was never going to be a rip-roaring game of football.

Was 50/50 about going to the Villa game as I had a Smiths tribute night on friday, so it would have resulted in me not having a drink, due to the early kick off time (another gripe), missing the rugby world cup semi-final and paying out 80 quid plus in petrol for the 500 mile round trip and 10 hour round trip.

As it happened the car went into the garage on Friday and it forced my hand to miss.

Had a few drinks friday, bacon butties watching the rugby, city on tv and then a non-league match at 3 and saved 80 quid and feel much better for it today.

The lack or atmosphere, being messed about with kick off times, ticket prices (season ticket holder but no longer sit with my mates due to pricing) all make me think I am closer to calling it a day which is odd as I have supported City my whole life and dreamed of days like this.

I'm probably going to get pelters here but i knocked it on the head at the end of last season after 40 years. It might be in the eyes of many daft in light of the what's going on on the pitch but i could take no more of the truly' awful 'match day experience', the appalling atmosphere, the sanitised soulless empty feeling i have. I now watch local non league football and a bit of groundhopping north of the border and i absolutely love it, i don't miss the Etihad one bit and i've really got a spring in my step once again on Saturday afternoons.

I can't fault the football its marvellous but i feel completely detached from MCFC off the park, it's beyond cringeworthy. We have a strange support in terms of demographics, i don't subscribe to the notion that it's much more middle class, the club is still primarlily supported by ordinary working class fans from the Greater Manchester, we have less tourists still than other top clubs but a real dearth of match going fans in the 18-30 range which might explain the lack of atmosphere. The Club don't want 18-30 working class lads watching the team, despite the cosmetics ticking of boxes they couldn't care less which is very sad indeed.

Yep. Yesterday wasn’t a sell out and the atmosphere was dead.

How much difference would our revenue be if they did £30 tickets or even a little less?

there were plenty of tickets for from £15 to £22.50 on Tuesday and there was still a poor atmosphere

How come there were so many empty seats yesterday, a month ago on the planner there was just one seat for sale for this match. The family stand yesterday looked appalling. We need the family stand putting in the wings of tier 3, and get some actual support behind that goal. Worst days work the club ever did.

Last edited:
How come there were so many empty seats yesterday, a month ago on the planned there was just one wear for sale for this match. The family stand yesterday looked appalling. We need the family stand putting in the wings of tier 3, and get some actual support behind that goal. Worst days work the club ever did.
I imagine yesterday was a game many gave a miss to. Loads of regulars in 115 not there yesterday and with the weather, lunchtime kick etc it probably swung it for a fair few.

Yes. He gave up his seasoncard when it went over a certain amount and then a few years later City opened up those cheaper ones and he registered his interest at first but then just decided he’d go to cup games instead. 7 or so cup games only comes to around £140 and City do really well on that front, but it’d be nice of the Prem tickets were more reasonably priced.

Alright, City can justify it by saying that X amount of games sell out at £65 a ticket and they’re maximising revenue. But how much money does all that really generate? 8000 x £30 x 19 = £4.56m, 8000 x £55 x 19 = £8.36m. Do the club really need that extra £3.8m?

Everyone got excited when the TV revenue money went over £90m a season, and now it’s even higher, but ticket prices (both indv. match tickets and seasoncards) keep on rising.
Sad times when fans can’t afford to go anymore - hence all the tourists. Fair enough they bring in the revenue which the club wants but they don’t add anything to the atmosphere. Enjoy the game with your dad Tuesday - special times which I miss with mine.

On the plus side, United is at 5.30pm on Saturday.

Talk about going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

A Saturday match, an all dayer, and a night match, as the clocks have now gone back an hour.

The Etihad will be rocking. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.