Bring the Noise

Of course they do. That’s what they do in that section of the ground. If 1894 ever got a dedicated block in the expanded NS, I’d hope we’d sing constantly throughout the match, support the team, and get the rest of the stadium singing as well. What’s wrong with that? Just because I want to sing and support the team constantly throughout the match doesn’t make me a robot or devoid of emotion. I’m like you and every other City fan.

Are you going to criticise the Palace fans as well? Selhurst Park is by far the best home atmosphere in the PL. Palace lose plenty of home games, but their Ultras and the other Palace fans continue supporting the team throughout the match and until the end of the match.

Compare that to when City went 1 down against Wolves. You could hear a pin drop. And 10 minutes before the end of the game when the result was still in the balance, City fans *turned their backs on the team and headed for the exits, when they should have been supporting the team. Is that a better reaction because people were pissed off that City we’re getting beat, or would *you* rather see City fans stay until the end of the match, support the team, and try and help the team turn the result around?

As for a drum and a megaphone. It has been discussed with the club. And the club isn’t against the idea. Obviously some City fans are. Sniff!

Hopefully, if the NS is ever expanded, and 1894 get their own block behind the goal, a drum and/or megaphone could be trialed *within that block*.

But don’t worry, it won’t be near you, unless you want to move into that block and support the team throughout the match, and express your emotions freely and without fear of being ridiculed for do it. ;-)

I disagree and also think Palace aren’t all that to be honest.

I genuinely don’t think constant monotone chants, no matter what’s happening on the pitch, is helping the players, I don’t think it does at all.

I think singing less often but specifically when you’ve built up some pressure, won two/three challenges in quick succession or if you’ve gone close to scoring helps so much more.

You can do what you want mate, you’re no more of a fan because you want to stand and sing than if you prefer a decent view and don’t. It’s all about personal preference but I hope we don’t get a drum or megaphone as it’s cringeworthy.

Prices are ridiculous especially for a game like Villa and even though our football is sublime is was never going to be a rip-roaring game of football.

Was 50/50 about going to the Villa game as I had a Smiths tribute night on friday, so it would have resulted in me not having a drink, due to the early kick off time (another gripe), missing the rugby world cup semi-final and paying out 80 quid plus in petrol for the 500 mile round trip and 10 hour round trip.

As it happened the car went into the garage on Friday and it forced my hand to miss.

Had a few drinks friday, bacon butties watching the rugby, city on tv and then a non-league match at 3 and saved 80 quid and feel much better for it today.

The lack or atmosphere, being messed about with kick off times, ticket prices (season ticket holder but no longer sit with my mates due to pricing) all make me think I am closer to calling it a day which is odd as I have supported City my whole life and dreamed of days like this.

Last edited:
It’s strange really and people probably won’t agree with this but when Pep leaves if we get a new manager who struggles slightly at first but we’re in 3rd/4th place with some players from the academy I think the atmosphere would actually be better.

A dedicated singing section in the north stand will make very little if any difference.
I am in south stand 115 and very few people around me sing.
In fact on the row in front of me there are a group of 5 or 6 lads who pay their £700+ for their seat, they never sing and miss about 40% of the game so they can do their drugs.
If they and others of their ilk move to the new north stand (if and when it ever happens) the atmosphere will be just as bad as it is now.
I know the lads in 1894 and they work their nuts off but they are flogging a dead horse with our current fan base.

I disagree and also think Palace aren’t all that to be honest.

I genuinely don’t think constant monotone chants, no matter what’s happening on the pitch, is helping the players, I don’t think it does at all.

I think singing less often but specifically when you’ve built up some pressure, won two/three challenges in quick succession or if you’ve gone close to scoring helps so much more.

You can do what you want mate, you’re no more of a fan because you want to stand and sing than if you prefer a decent view and don’t. It’s all about personal preference but I hope we don’t get a drum or megaphone as it’s cringeworthy.

You obviously don’t watch many Palace home games. Palace’s support isn't great away from home.

So, you don’t think singing or support helps that players or the team?

And by that I don’t mean one chant after another sang constantly. Singing and support doesn't have to be constant.

I mean support like you would hear and witness for the bigger games.

Hamburg? United? Liverpool? Spurs? Arsenal? Chelsea? CL q/f, s/f, FA Cup, League cup, etc.

Singing constantly or just more doesn’t guarantee a result or victory, but the players do react to it. Nobody, not even you can argue that point.

But sometimes the opposition are better, City players have an off day, or poor refereeing or poor VAR decisions will effect the result of the game. Not amount of singing and support can change that.

Unfortunately or fortunately for City fans every home match is like a training game, where we keep the ball, pass it around constantly, attack constantly, and smother the opposition. Matches at the Etihad are no longer exciting affairs, bar the odd game. We go to the match knowing we will dominate the ball, the opposition, the match, a probably win, bar the odd shock. Wolves. That mindset doesn’t bode well for supporting the team. As fans we’ve become complacent about supporting the team. The team don’t need our support as they will win anyway, mindset.

Did I say I was more of a fan than you? No I Didn’t. Don’t go down that road. You are entitled to do what you want to do at the Etihad. So am I. Even if that means using a drum or a megaphone. Even though you are against it and find it cringeworthy. Buy some ear plugs. :-) (I’m joking)

Last edited:
A dedicated singing section in the north stand will make very little if any difference.
I am in south stand 115 and very few people around me sing.
In fact on the row in front of me there are a group of 5 or 6 lads who pay their £700+ for their seat, they never sing and miss about 40% of the game so they can do their drugs.
If they and others of their ilk move to the new north stand (if and when it ever happens) the atmosphere will be just as bad as it is now.
I know the lads in 1894 and they work their nuts off but they are flogging a dead horse with our current fan base.

Agreed. We must be the only ground in the country that has two "singing sections", where neither of them sing for whole games and blame the other one for not having coordinated singing.
The new fans we're attracting aren't interested in singing or the atmosphere either. They spend most of the game filming it on their phones and as far as they're concerned, that's what it's always been like and always will be.
Drums and megaphones at grounds in the UK are a total embarrassment. Some dick going thud thud thud thud thud while fifteen blokes sing MCFC, MCFC, MCFC isn't atmosphere, it's a droning, disinterested noise. We'll never recreate a European atmosphere because the average 21st century premier League fan isn't interested in making it happen.
Flogging a dead horse sums it up perfectly.

It’s strange really and people probably won’t agree with this but when Pep leaves if we get a new manager who struggles slightly at first but we’re in 3rd/4th place with some players from the academy I think the atmosphere would actually be better.

I think there is an element of truth in this. @jrb touches on it in his post about a lot of home matches resembling training games. Its poetry on the pitch but not likely to make you jump out of your seat like a game where two sides are going at each other hell for leather.

We have had a few champs league games like this, Monaco, Pool, Spurs etc springs to mind but its certainly no longer the norm.

Does your dad not go to league games due to cost? It’s a shame there is no recognition of long term fans that went through the good the bad and then the good again, but as we all know it’s a business not a charity sadly
Yes. He gave up his seasoncard when it went over a certain amount and then a few years later City opened up those cheaper ones and he registered his interest at first but then just decided he’d go to cup games instead. 7 or so cup games only comes to around £140 and City do really well on that front, but it’d be nice of the Prem tickets were more reasonably priced.

Alright, City can justify it by saying that X amount of games sell out at £65 a ticket and they’re maximising revenue. But how much money does all that really generate? 8000 x £30 x 19 = £4.56m, 8000 x £55 x 19 = £8.36m. Do the club really need that extra £3.8m?

Everyone got excited when the TV revenue money went over £90m a season, and now it’s even higher, but ticket prices (both indv. match tickets and seasoncards) keep on rising.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re right, it would be.

Never understood why City give a third of the south stand to away fans, imagine the kop, stretford end or Spuds new one tier stand going the same way, if it's because of the away coach park move the frigin coach park

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.